A Most excellent Start! IF ND can do it we can do it!

Started by srkruzich, June 12, 2012, 06:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Speaking of North Dakota...

North Dakota oil boom could put country on path to energy independence
By: Robert Maginnis
6/12/2012 06:36 AM

North Dakota may have more oil than the volatile Persian Gulf, but the rush to extract it must be carefully managed to protect the region. Right now things are out of balance.

Continental Resources, an Oklahoma-based oil company which operates 10 percent of the drilling rigs in North Dakota, estimates there are more than 900 billion barrels of oil in place, but only between 27 and 45 billion barrels are actually recoverable with today's technology. By comparison, the Central Intelligence Agency indicates there are 747 billion barrels of proven reserves in the Persian Gulf.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/06/12/north-dakota-oil-boom-could-put-country-on-path-to-energy-independence/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

"North Dakota's Oil Boom Brings Damage Along With Prosperity"

Oil companies are spilling and dumping drilling waste onto the region's land and into its waterways with increasing regularity.

Hydraulic fracturing — the controversial process behind the spread of natural gas drilling — is enabling oil companies to reach previously inaccessible reserves in North Dakota, triggering a turnaround not only in the state's fortunes, but also in domestic energy production. North Dakota now ranks second behind only Texas in oil output nationwide.

The downside is waste — lots of it. Companies produce millions of gallons of salty, chemical-infused wastewater, known as brine, as part of drilling and fracking each well. Drillers are supposed to inject this material thousands of feet underground into disposal wells, but some of it isn't making it that far.

http://www.nationofchange.org/north-dakota-s-oil-boom-brings-damage-along-prosperity-1339341620
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

why don't they reclaim it and use on another well. Seems to me that it would make sense.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk