What happened to Limestone Rd

Started by srkruzich, June 11, 2012, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

JEEZE i rode down it today and i could have gotten a smoother ride driving across the pasture.  What in the world did the road crew do to that road. It used to be smooth ride when the windfarm was maintaining it. Sheesh. Now the crown is gone, the trash out in the middle of the road and rough as hell. I think a buck board would have rode smoother down through there.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on June 11, 2012, 06:05:36 PM
What in the world did the road crew do to that road. It used to be smooth ride when the windfarm was maintaining it

Let's deal with some facts, shall we?  First, the Elk County road crews are NOT yet responsible for that road.  At this point in time, the windfarm folks & their contractors (Starbucks) are.  Second, the road is being reworked per the windfarm road maintenance agreement to bring it to the standards requested by Commissioner Hendricks at a recent commission meeting:  24' wide, eyebrows removed,  the ditches (grass n all) being pulled in and the material therefrom used as road material.  The work isn't finished, and Rome wasn't built in a day... as they say.  Hope that helps.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on June 11, 2012, 06:40:05 PM
Let's deal with some facts, shall we?  First, the Elk County road crews are NOT yet responsible for that road.  At this point in time, the windfarm folks & their contractors (Starbucks) are.  Second, the road is being reworked per the windfarm road maintenance agreement to bring it to the standards requested by Commissioner Hendricks at a recent commission meeting:  24' wide, eyebrows removed,  the ditches (grass n all) being pulled in and the material therefrom used as road material.  The work isn't finished, and Rome wasn't built in a day... as they say.  Hope that helps.

ROTFL Ok..... I have to say it was a surprise, but by pullin in the ditches they also pull in the nails and crap that end up in the tires now.:|  Guess we'll have to stay off of it til other folks pick upall the nails out of the road,with their tires  of course.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on June 12, 2012, 04:40:58 AM
ROTFL Ok..... I have to say it was a surprise, but by pullin in the ditches they also pull in the nails and crap that end up in the tires now.:|  Guess we'll have to stay off of it til other folks pick upall the nails out of the road,with their tires  of course.

I picked up a piece of steel, 2 x 3 inches, in a new tire the other day in an area where the ditch had been pulled into the road.  Ugh!  And I imagine dead organic material (grass/roots) don't make the most stable road base.  Even the road boss commented that they may need to find some 'Round-up ready rock'. 

Now, re-read my first response to your thread....  4 words, Steve:   Democrat policies, unintended consequences.

Sound familiar?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on June 12, 2012, 08:38:28 AM
I picked up a piece of steel, 2 x 3 inches, in a new tire the other day in an area where the ditch had been pulled into the road.  Ugh!  And I imagine dead organic material (grass/roots) don't make the most stable road base.  Even the road boss commented that they may need to find some 'Round-up ready rock'. 

Now, re-read my first response to your thread....  4 words, Steve:   Democrat policies, unintended consequences.

Sound familiar?

Oh yeah i have heard that many times.  Sigh.  They have proven they can fubar a wet dream

Bullwinkle

What in the world do political policies have to do with finally improving a road by using the correct procedure. Organic material ? Last I knew most of the road is organic material, dirt.  Want to lessen the incidents of nails? Make the people hauling refuse down the road secure their loads. The slip-joint pliers that ruined my tire didn't come from the ditch. For some one talking facts, get yours straight. Sub-contractors are not contractors. Harrod's was hauling the rock and grading it before Starbucks and MJE did the ditch cut, and crown cut. As usual, Commodore Patriot Peachfuzz appears to know what he's talking about. ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk