Found and Needs a Hero

Started by indygal, June 07, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

This fella was found in northeast Elk County earlier this week. He's had five long days and no one has claimed him. Tomorrow is the end of the road for him. :( If you know where he belongs or you know of a family that could provide a good home for him, please call 374-3080 right away. He's very good-tempered, quiet, walks well on a leash, friendly but a little shy, and hasn't spent a lot of time indoors (wasn't sure how to go down a flight of steps, left his mark on some shelving a couple of times). He's a very nice dog. If we didn't already have four animals, we'd keep him. (And you know he has to be a sweetheart for me to say that!)

Warph

What you need to do is save this beautiful dog.  Worry about finding him an owner later.  I live in a gated community and have two dogs, all that the HOA allows.  Money wise, what would it take to save him???
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

indygal

Warph, thank you for your reply. We have the dog at our house right now and there's a place where we can tie him out in the shade. I've asked around town but no one knows who he might belong to. There's a shelter in Chautauqua County that *might* take him...but they are closed until Monday. So he's with us for at least the weekend. He's un-neutered, so there is a cost there, and there's no way to know if his shots are up to date. He appears to be in good health, and he has such a sweet temperament. Surely there is someone who will give him a good home. What he really needs is a place where he can run and a boy who will take him fishing.

Janet Harrington

Indygal, Give Mark Zellner a call and see if he knows who the dog belongs to. He is in the Howard phone book.

srkruzich

i wish i could but i have far too many right now as it is. :(
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

indygal

Thank you, Janet. I called Mark and he gave me the name of someone I'll call tomorrow. I appreciate your help.

Steve, I do understand.

Anyone reading this who might be considering giving this dog a home, Joanna Hunter has generously offered to pay to have him neutered. She's a good friend with a big heart, wouldn't you say?

And he is a good dog. Probably not a good hunter, as he completely ignored the rabbit in the yard about 20 feet away. But he hasn't dug any holes, chewed the tree, or broke free from the tie-out. He's not a barker (unlike our two maniacs) and he's an expert at taking naps.

And no, we can't keep him. We appreciate any and all help and thank you in advance.

Warph

How are things progressing in this little saga, Indy?  You and Ms. Hunter are the hero's here.  Were you able to contact someone to take this beautiful dog?   
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

indygal

Hi Warph, Thanks for asking! He's still staying at our house, and we're still waiting for someone to give him a forever home. Hes' been  a very good boy and has a wonderful personality. Someone said they think he might be a German shorthair. Every now and then, I'll see him standing with his front right leg bent, as if he's pointing. I placed a "Found" ad in this week's Prairie Star, which hits the stands today, and Joanna's mom has called the radio station a couple of times with info about how to claim him. I'm praying someone will call -- either his owner or a person interested in becoming so. If no one contacts us by Friday, I'll start calling shelters to see if any have room and will accept him.

frawin

Indygal, we have had 4 Shorthairs in the family, and the dog in  the picture doesn't have any Shorthair in him.

farmgal67357

I think he looks like a beagle and healer mix.
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk