Which way do dead people vote?

Started by Patriot, June 11, 2012, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Saw this comment in response to an article about the Florida voter registration purge...

My father was a staunch conservative and voted straight line Republican until the day he died, now he votes Democrat.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

I see dead people...voting!

October 29, 2008
With balloting well under way in the general election, the Florida Sun Sentinel found more than 65,000 ineligible and duplicate voters on Florida's registration rolls. These included at least 600 dead people, 32,000 voters registered more than once and more than 33,000 convicted felons who by law, should not be allowed to cast ballots.

http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Nearly half of Florida's purged voters in Lee County
By MICHAEL PELTIER
Naples Daily News
Posted June 13, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.

TALLAHASSEE — Of the 96 people purged from Florida voter rolls because they're in the country illegally, about half were in Lee County, a fact the county's supervisor of elections says does not mean she is on a crusade.

Florida's purging of voters has become the grist for lawsuits and late night comedy as the Republican controlled state has battled the Democratic Obama administration over how to go about removing ineligible voters. Adding nuance to the story: the state doesn't actually do the removals — that's done by independently-elected county supervisors of elections who don't necessarily answer to Tallahassee.

The state Division of Elections says that 43 of 96 voters found in the last couple of months to be illegally registered because they're not citizens were registered in Lee County.

Read the rest: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/jun/13/nearly-half-of-floridas-purged-voters-in-lee/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk