Perkins & Greene

Started by Wilma, May 06, 2012, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Attached are pictures of an old carpenter's apron that I have.  Can anyone tell me about how old it would be?

frawin

Wilma, I remember when it was Perkins & Greene. I think Greene's name was Delbert, seems like he left and it was then Perkins Hardware somewhere in 1950 or there about. Let me do some looking I may have something more on that.

frawin

Wilma, here is an old sign from perkins and Greene Hardware, the sign sold for $45.00 on e-bay or one of the similiar on line points.

Mom70x7

Quote from: frawin on May 06, 2012, 01:05:39 PM
Wilma, I remember when it was Perkins & Greene. I think Greene's name was Delbert, seems like he left and it was then Perkins Hardware somewhere in 1950 or there about. Let me do some looking I may have something more on that.

Isn't Perkins Hardware where Dorothy Tiffany now has the Elk County General Store?

patyrn

That building where Dorothy's General Store now operates was  Brown's Feed Store when I was growing up.  Perkins Hardware was on the east side of Main Street - the two vacant buildings north of Flint Hills Assembly of God Church.  Both buildings were used with an open doorway between them. 

Mom70x7

Quote from: patyrn on May 06, 2012, 06:43:10 PM
That building where Dorothy's General Store now operates was  Brown's Feed Store when I was growing up.  Perkins Hardware was on the east side of Main Street - the two vacant buildings north of Flint Hills Assembly of God Church.  Both buildings were used with an open doorway between them. 

Thanks. All I knew was the General Store has a drive-way sidewalk out front. Thought it might be for Hardware deliveries. Makes more sense if it used to be a feed store.

frawin

When I first remember Perkins & Greene it was only in the South Building, the North Building it seems was the M&M Cafe. After the M&M moved across the street Perkins expanded to that building.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk