Started by Warph, May 25, 2012, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Taken at 6:00 am May 25th, This Morning by the Mars Rover:   

A beautiful sunset in none other than....Sweden

Double Rainbow at Full Horizon:

Funnel cloud touching down in Orchard, Iowa

"Wizards Hat"

The International Space Station being chased across the morning sky by SpaceX's Dragon

Oasis - Gobi Desert

A beautiful sunset in none other than....Sweden

The largest wind turbine in the world. It's a monster.

Found... a golf club at the top of Gunsight Pass, Glacier National Park

Westboro Baptist Church showed up to protest Bob Bethell's funeral in his home town.
This was the town's response.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Janet Harrington

Warph

Plane graveyard: Scrapped jets line the dry and dusty ground in Arizona

A river runs through it: An aerial view of the landscape surrounding Los Angeles shows houses and farms clustered around the water

More than an Eiffel: Paris gets the skyline treatment

City of canals: A typical day in Venice, Italy sees boats, ships and gondolas traversing the water highways
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

W. Gray

Seeing the airplane bone yard photo prompted me to call up Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, on Google Maps and view that entire acres and acres of parked planes.

I have never been to Davis-Monthan and what startled me was that these stored planes are so close to civilization. Right across the street from many of these parked planes are wall-to-wall houses of suburbia.

I took a water taxi in Venice many years ago and I have two recollections of what I thought was very interesting. Back in the vast network of narrow canals there was a regular traffic light with red, yellow, and green controlling the boat traffic at one canal intersection.

While the taxi was stopped at the red light a Coca Cola boat, painted the same colors that a Coke truck would be painted, came through on its green light. This was before cans, and the boat was loaded with cases of 6 oz bottles of the drink.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Ms Bear

I went to the Airplane Museum and bone yard about 35 years ago, it was amazing to see so many parts of planes in one place.  I wish I could have seen the aerial view back then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk