AMES, AnnaBel "Ann" (Frazier) - b. April 11, 1916 - d. May 3, 2012

Started by patyrn, May 05, 2012, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

AnnaBel "Ann" Ames, age 96, a resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Thursday, May 3, 2012 at the Sedan City Hospital in Sedan, Kansas.  She was born April 11, 1916 in Oak Valley, Kansas, the daughter of Jacob Washington and Laura (Huffaker) Frazier.

Ann attended and graduated from Longton High School in Longton, Kansas with the Class of 1934.  On June 9, 1940, Ann was united in marriage to L. E. "Chig" Ames in Independence, Kansas.  She was a member of the Moline United Methodist Church, U.M.W., Eastern Star, the Musical and Literary Club, and served as a committee member for establishing the Moline Medical Clinic.  Ann and Chig enjoyed playing golf together.  She also enjoyed knitting, crocheting, word search puzzles, Royals baseball, and watching "Dancing with the Stars".

Ann is survived by her son, William "Bill" Ames and wife, Ginny of Rochester Hills, Michigan; her daughter, Marilyn Wilkerson and husband, Leland of Lenexa, Kansas; four grandchildren, Michelle David, Nicole Rocklin, Laura Murphy, and Angela May; six great-grandchildren, Dahlia, Ashur, Phoebe, Marlow, Emerson, and Madison; nieces, Sharon, Debby and Janet; and nephew, Joe.  She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, L. E. "Chig" Ames on June 30, 1980; one brother, Walter Frazier; two sisters, Betty Watkins and Mary Mason; and two sisters-in-law, Velda Frazier, and Julia Frazier.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Thursday, May 10, 2012 at the Moline United Methodist Church with Pastor Bryce Hanson and Pastor Gary Parsons officiating.  Visitation will be held Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until service time at the church.  Interment will be held at Moline Cemetery.  Family suggests memorials to the Moline United Methodist Church or the Moline Community Rural Health Clinic and may be left or mailed to the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

ddurbin

Very sorry to hear of Ann's passing.  She was truly one of Moline's outstanding ladies.  She and my dad shared a common birthday, April 11, although he always kidded her of being just a 'wee bit older' than him.  My sympathies to Bill and Marilyn and their families.

Janet Harrington

This is so sad to hear. I just delivered flowers to her on Valentine's Day. She was always one of the sweetest ladies. I always enjoyed seeing her when I was sheriff. Prayers for her family during this time of grief.

Ole Granny

Truly a sweet and gracious lady. I will miss seeing her when in Moline.  Bill and Marilyn, my prayers are with you and your families.  So many memories to hold close.  I remember Ann's Swiiss Steak and Scalloped Potatoes as being the best I have ever consumed.
Love, Alice

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk