Stranded Motorists

Started by DidIsaythat?, April 27, 2012, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DidIsaythat?

I have sat and stewed about this for some time now, and I am beyond stewing.

Two weeks ago, (the weekend the tornados decided to pay a visit to Kansas) I had a chance meeting with a stranded motorist at the Elk Falls turn off. Nice man, wheel chair bound and stranded.  Very unhappy about the meeting he had just had with our Sheriff who promptly told him "to have it gone by evening", never bothered to offer him a ride to the service station, never offered to assist him with gas - which by the way is a Kansas policy - just gave him an ultimatum and drove off.

I had just passed said Sheriff gabbing with someone in his field with his tractor. Usually I find the best place to locate him is in the local cafe, chances are if you catch him actually at work, he's rude and/or yells at you on the phone.

I'd really like to know why someone who does not do his job to the citizenry, can demand a new vehicle every two years, and have more hired help than the Sheriff's office has ever had, paid better benies than 90% of the working populace, and still not help a stranded motorist????????????????

Some nice man from Chautauqua county had lawn mower gas in his truck donated it, and I gave the guy $10 bucks to get him on his way. With the suggestion that NOT ALL people in Elk County act that way. But for our Sheriff to treat the handicapped and anyone else for that matter in that manner is outrageous!!!!!!!!!  :(

Patriot

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk