County Roads & Windfarm Money... WE HAVE A PLAN!

Started by Patriot, April 24, 2012, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 05:11:07 PM
Varmit, YOU are criticizing the roads? WOW! :o I do have one serious question.Why is your road gravel so big and sharp?

because they don't want to pay for the better gravel.  Seriously there are boulders in the roads after they dump.  Its not uncommon to see a 12" diameter rock  in it either.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

oldfart

they have been putting 2inch or bigger on for along time dont blame the road workers they only haul what they are told too. I understand they have had some crushed out at Blacks quarry ,dont know what size but can bet its not inch and half what we put on ther for years.   Did any one go to the last commissioners meeting  I heard there was lot yelling coming from it

Diane Amberg

Yes, I've seen it and I just wondered why. It's no wonder people complain! There's your first step. Get some reasonable stuff even if it costs more.

Patriot

Quote from: oldfart on May 01, 2012, 05:46:38 PM
Did any one go to the last commissioners meeting  I heard there was lot yelling coming from it

Yes, and rumors are just that.... rumors.  Was there some passion and intense 'fellowship', yes.  Yelling?  I wouldn't say so..

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 06:06:51 PM
Yes, I've seen it and I just wondered why.

Seen it?  Pictures from the headmistress or have you visited recently?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

OF noones saying the road workers are making the rock size.  but quite frankly since it is the county purchasing the rock, if the crushers send that crap out and its not worth a crap charge them back for the cost plus transportation until they make it right.  Its not rocket science for them to produce 1 1/2" rock.  Another idea is to do quality control on loads.  Until they get it right. if the rock isn't the right size dump it and make them put the right size on

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on May 01, 2012, 01:11:11 PM
Sheriff Hanks is an EMT because he is required to be one.  His wife, Christy, was a paramedic under Janet and the best one she had.  Janet would say so, herself.  While Janet was sheriff and there was an ambulance call it was likely that a deputy would show up just in case there was any help needed.  All the deputies were EMTs, even the part time deputies.  It was required.

Mother, I hate to correct you, but Doug Hanks isn't required to be an EMT just because he is sheriff. The deputies were all EMT's or First Responders, but it was not a requirement. They did it because Elk County paid for most of their training and they did it because they wanted to. I think, at the time, the only person who paid for his own training was Ken Mitchell, when he became an MICT.

I believe that the sheriff's office goes to most emergencies when they can. Since I am not there anymore, I don't know.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: jason clatt on May 01, 2012, 12:55:16 PM
since when did i bring up the speed that emergency vehicals travel the ks law for operating an emergency vehical is you can only drive 10mph faster than the posted speed...

I don't know you, but I sure would like for you to give me the Kansas Statute that says you can only go 10 miles per hour over the posted speed limit. Where did you get your information, please?

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on May 01, 2012, 01:12:54 PM

As long as he/she suggests a new fire/ambulance or two to make your job a little more cozy, right?

LOL, Patriot. Sounds like that is whast this one is aiming for.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Jason, why do your volunteers not have to have the pumper ERT? Ours all do, or our version of it. I'm not being critical, I'm just interested.
Thanks Wilma for your information. I didn't know Howard F Co. didn't leave the city limits.That's a mighty small district! Did I misunderstand that?  Patriot, how many miles does your ambulance have on it? Cozy, whatever that means, isn't the issue, reliability is. 

Diane, The Howard Fire Department does go out of the city limits. It's called mutual aide. They go to almost all house and structure fires. HFD has the biggest engine, I believe, in the county, so they are so willing to assist where they can.

On the mileage on the ambulances, those ambulances are taken care of and are traded in or sold whenever they get to many miles. However; as you well know, the units are diesel engines, so those last longer and go so many more miles. I know that Elk County has had some issues with the newest unit, but I think that was resolved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk