County Roads & Windfarm Money... WE HAVE A PLAN!

Started by Patriot, April 24, 2012, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Quote from Patriot :
Spend more on the kids? What are our schools lacking other than good money management skills?

You hit the nail on the head with that statement.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on May 06, 2012, 08:16:47 AM

Spend more on the kids?  What are our schools lacking other than good money management skills?

A Good curriculum that teaches critical thinking skills, researching future jobs, constitutional principles, along with capitalist skills in order to start, manage, and maintin a small business..... Teach them to think for themselves and not rely on government for the solution....
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on May 06, 2012, 12:58:26 PM
A Good curriculum that teaches critical thinking skills, researching future jobs, constitutional principles, along with capitalist skills in order to start, manage, and maintin a small business..... Teach them to think for themselves and not rely on government for the solution....

But... but... but... that's not conducive to raising up good little followers who vote and make decisions based on emotional progressive cliche's. 'Whatever works, hope n change, positive communication, it's for the kids, let's just all get along, etc'.  Folks who think the best answer to "Why?' is, "Because we've always done it that way"... even if the way produces no real results.

No, critical thinkers rock the boat with reason mixed with a view to history based on the rule of law... they ask questions and expect factual, verifiable answers... nope, there won't be any of that nonsense.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Hey speaking of schools...

At a recent commissioners meeting Jennifer Montgomery brought up the topic of some kind of Art trip to lawerence that the windfarm folks were paying for the childern of Elk County.  Sorry I don't remember the exact name of it. Anyway, she stated that there were 30 seats availiable, then went on to say that out of those 30 seats 12 were already taken by kids from West Elk.  She also stated that she made sure all the kids in each township received the flyer for the trip. I gotta call B.S. on that. I have 6 kids, all attend school in Burden, not a single one brought home anything about it. Not only that but I have to say that with 30 seats availible shouldn't they have been divided equally among the towns?

Once again it is Howard getting the lions share!!
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Ross

Varmit I agree with you 100%. It appears Our Employee works more for Elk Konnected, LLC then for the County.
And I bet those 12 kids that got them first are Konnected Kids.

I posted this on the Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25
« Reply #3858 on: May 03, 2012, 08:23:39 am »

Quote from: Ross on May 03, 2012, 07:23:39 AM
I am proud to report, my son brought home an application from school for what is called
Elk County/ Lawrence Art Center /Summer Camp which is being Sponsored and (probably instigated) by the WindFarm.
This I believe is an actual and positive, youth development event.

The children 7th through 12th grade will be staying on campus at the University of Kansas. Which most likely is an experience in and of itself.

Transportation will be provided by the Elk Valley School District which is located in Longton, Kansas.

I believe this activity really would qualify more as Child Development, unlike the local Summer Day Camp, which appears to be more of a daycare or baby sitting event, with cheap toys used for entertaining children.

This apparently happened last year, however, my child did not bring home the application last year. The sad thing is only 30 children get to participate.
And it's on a first come/first serve basis.
I would like to know, WHO made this decision, and WHY?
It leaves open the door for the suggestion of more favoritism, cronyism and the such.
What if, 60 applications are received at the very same time delivered by the mail carrier.
Who, then chooses who goes?

Well, my bet is those thirty or the majority will be West Elk Students and perhaps Elk Konnected, LLC Children. Because, they are right there in Howard, where they have the advantage of getting their applications in first, to the court house and may even have early insider information, and possible early access to the applications, especially since our Youth Development Employee is on the Elk Konnected, LLC Steering Committee Member. I hope you can see that the Elk Konnected Children have an even better advantage because of being Konnected.

What, I believe would be fair would be a public drawing of names from a hat at a County Commissioner Meeting with a member of the audience drawing the names.
Also, children that have already attended the camp should be disallowed to enter,
thus providing all of Elk County children an equal opportunity to win one of the thirty position of going to this limited County Supported, Summer Camp.   
I don't like putting a damper on a good thing and really I'm not, what I am suggesting is that ALL County Children should be treated equally.

Remember, we have Konnected Kounty Kommissioners, Konnected Kounty Youth Development Employee and Konnected West Elk School Board President and possibly a few other Konnected good old boy & girls, right? To me they haven't shown that they can be trusted, so I believe the only fair thing for all the county's children would be a\the suggested drawing presented at a County Commissioners meeting with an audience member drawing the names. Fair is fair, right folks. Let's see if fairness can happen in Elk County?

And what about the disadvantaged children, who's parent's may not be able to afford the $10 dollar transportation fee? Couldn't the Konnected Youth Development Employee ask the Konnected Kounty Kommissioners to provide that funding from the County's Recreation Fund? Giving the disadvantage children an equal opportunity. Instead of providing those funds to Elk Konnected, LLC ?

Just where is the FAIRNESS in the "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" programs for All the CHILDREN OF Elk COUNTY ?

Perhaps: Food for thought.

This is an election year and your vote will be very important, at least on the local level.

You can make a big difference.

NO, I am not going to be running for County Commissioner.

Patriot

Those that drive em every day in work trucks, with & without trailers, tractors with implements... Rock, Limestone, Killdeer and others... 24' standard road widths... all things considered... what say you? 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk