County Roads & Windfarm Money... WE HAVE A PLAN!

Started by Patriot, April 24, 2012, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: jason clatt on May 01, 2012, 01:55:20 PM
you know what..kiss my ass

it is people like you that are runing this county into the ground

You know, sir. For someone who works part-time for Elk Countly EMS, you are sure showing your lack of intelligence by using profanity. Just saying.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on May 01, 2012, 04:30:42 PM
It's also important to look at all of the county needs & situations.  While I empathize and in some respects agree with your view regarding fire and ambulance services, I also think you may be subject to a bit of tunnel vision.  There are many things that have to be considered when such decisions about expenditures are made.  Do you know, for example, how much debt the county (and therefore the taxpayers) have?  Do you realize how much money the taxpayers spend each year, by law, on insurance premiums & payroll taxes on employees?  Will you acknowledge that there are some areas of this county you have likely never driven and therefore have no concept about the conditions of all those roads?  Are you aware of state/federal activities that may affect our county finances?  Are you the supervisor whose wife gets calls day and night from enraged citizens, being subjected to vulgarities because their roads are in terrible shape?  Or who can't even shop for groceries locally for the same reason.  Are aware of the costs involved in operating the jail or in conducting a murder trial locally?  Do you realize what is involved in planning and paying for an extensive catastrophe here?  Do you really see the 'big picture'?

All I'm suggesting is that the world is much larger than just what you read on here or see on an ambulance or fire run.  There's much more to prioritizing our spending than what you see when you 'do what you do'.

Ah. Good point.

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on May 01, 2012, 07:34:40 PM
Ah. Good point.

Careful, Janet... there's only so much room on the Forum's $h*t List and I'm trying to save a spot or two.  LOL
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 05:11:07 PM
Varmit, YOU are criticizing the roads? WOW! :o I do have one serious question.Why is your road gravel so big and sharp?

No I'm not, please try reading for intent.

Quote from: srkruzich on May 01, 2012, 06:35:37 PM
OF noones saying the road workers are making the rock size.  but quite frankly since it is the county purchasing the rock, if the crushers send that crap out and its not worth a crap charge them back for the cost plus transportation until they make it right.  Its not rocket science for them to produce 1 1/2" rock.  Another idea is to do quality control on loads.  Until they get it right. if the rock isn't the right size dump it and make them put the right size on.

We are not and have not been hauling 1 1/2 for quite some time.  Most of our roads have no base hence the 2" base rock that we have been hauling.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

MrsVarmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 06:06:51 PM
Yes, I've seen it and I just wondered why. It's no wonder people complain! There's your first step. Get some reasonable stuff even if it costs more.

I am just curious at why you are so concerned? I mean honestly if you are that concerned then come pay taxes here, then you can actually say something. I live here and I am not complaining because I know they are doing the best they can with what they can afford. I mean if it is that big of a deal to you please come do it yourself. My husband and all the other guys do as they are told and do a darn good job with what they have. I mean the guys do as they are told in the commissioner meetings and if you want proof of that come to a meeting!! I sat there for a long time the other day listening to them tell the road crew to pull from the ditch and that is how those big rocks get on the road. If you do not like the big base rocks they put down then wait to travel that road till they are done with it. I have to drive on the same big rocks when I want to go someone too. You know that is why you travel slowly on a dirt road not treat it like it is a paved highway. I think the max speed is 50 or 55 on well maintained gravel roads unless otherwise posted. So if there is this big of a stink go to a meeting and ask them to post signs to drive slower for the people who do not know how to drive on gravel. Oh or maybe better yet make them take a driving course. That may help too. I have to be honest and say though that unless you live here and it is truly a concern to you because it is right outside your house (like it is for me) you have no business complaining. 

Diane Amberg

My family did pay taxes there for as a many years as there has been an Elk County, or maybe even before, I'm not sure.I have copies of the original abstract.I Have copies of my mom's family place too. One was signed by US Grant, but right now I forget which one. It's not a big deal.
  I still have family and friends out there, so why wouldn't I be interested? I could have kept the old family place and rented it out when Daddy decided to give it up after Mom died, but I chose not to be an absentee landlord, as I've said before.
  Mrs V... You are getting in a knot over nothing. I was just giving B. a poke and he should know it. He can't help what he has to work with, now can he? Yes, I've seen and driven those roads Patriot, 10 miles of it to get "home''from Howard .Sadly ,it's been almost four years now, but I'm sure nothing has changed. It rarely does.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
My family did pay taxes there for as a many years as there has been an Elk County, or maybe even before I'm not sure.I have copies of the original abstract.I Have copies of my mom's family place too. One was signed by US Grant but right now I forget which one. It's not a big deal.
   I still have family and friends out there so why wouldn't I be interested? I could have kept the old family place when Daddy decided to give it up after Mom died, but I chose not to be an absentee landlord, as I've said before.
   Mrs V. You are getting in a knot over nothing.I was just giving B. a poke and he should know it. He can't help what he has to work with, now can he? Yes, I've seen and driven those roads Patriot.I0 miles of it to get "home'' Sadly ,it's been almost four years now but I'm sure nothing has changed.It never does.

Huh?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Diane her response had nothing to do with what you said to me, go back and re read what she posted.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Crude language is a sign of disrespect.  And usually signifies the inability to express ones self in a intelligent manner as well as lacking vocabulary skills. 

There are times though when your target audiences is so dimwitted that they will not understand anything but crude language. So one tends to resort to that in a desperate attempt at getting through the lack of intelligence. But for a casual conversation on a board with intelligent people it usually is not required.
And Janet is right, i would expect emt's, firemen, city officials, ect to respect others and not use it. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I did reread it Varmit, and I answered it. She wondered about my interest so I explained that. She doesn't know my background.
  I guess I'm going to have to buy one of those little houses and fix it up as a rental and be an absentee landlord after all, since a few of you seem to resent my interest unless I'm still paying taxes there, as my family members out there still do.

Varmit, I really don't care who you are or what role you play,that's fine of course, but it bothers me fiercely that you only accept copies of yourself and the rest of us are "wrong", no matter who we are or how we think.
I left the politics threads never to return, so don't any of you bother asking questions of me on any of them.They will go un acknowledged and unanswered. Make sport of that as you all wish.
  Janet thank you for your information. We have duel responses during the day and mutual aid too. I think most states are very much the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk