What is This and What Can I Do To Stop It?

Started by Wilma, April 18, 2012, 08:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have been receiving a bill for a magazine that I have not ordered and do not intend to order.  It is Reminisce from Reiman Publications.  Checking on the internet this morning, I find that this is not uncommon and not a mistake.  My statement comes from another company at a different address and asks for the check to be made payable to them, not to Reiman or Reminisce.

Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done about it?  Did it work?  I have sent these bills to Reiman Publications with a note saying that I didn't order the magazine and I am not going to pay for it.  Any ideas?  I have been ignoring them, just to receive another bill from another company for the same thing.

Patriot

First... stop responding.  If you respond to their mailings, it keeps your name active on their automated mailing lists.

Second, document everything you have received & sent to this point.

Third, contact the Consumer Protection dept at the KS Attorney General's office.

Fourth, contact the Consumer Protection division at the Federal Trade Commission.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

I have gotten those too from a service trying to get me to "renew" a publication to them instead of the magazine's real address. If you weren't given the magazine as a gift, don't answer them, as Pat says.
   Personally,  I just toss em and do nothing. After two they stopped. They can't do anything to you if you didn't really order anything. They would have to prove it.  What Pat says is a bit more work for you, but is also good.

Janet Harrington

I agree with Diane and Patriot. Just don't do anything. Eventually, they quit sending it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk