Michael Jordan - Basketballs Greatest

Started by Warph, April 22, 2012, 12:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

In his day, Michael Jordan made over $300,000 a game. That equals $10,000 a minute, at an average of 30 minutes per game.

With $40 million in endorsements, he made $178,100 a day, working or not.

If he slept 7 hours a night, he made $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums danced in his head.

If he went to see a movie, it cost him $9.50, but he made $18,550 while he was there.

If he decided to have a 5 minute egg, he would have made $618 while boiling it.

He made $7,415/hr more than minimum wage.

He'd made $3,710 while watching each episode of Friends.

If he wanted to save up for a new Acura SLX (about $90,000) it would have taken him a whole 12 hours.

If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money, they would have had to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second.

He'd probably payed around $200 for a nice round of golf, but was reimbursed around $30,000 during that round.

Assuming he put the federal maximum of 15% of his income into a tax deferred account (401k), he would have hit the federal cap of $9500 at 8:30 a.m. on January 1st.

If you were given a penny for every 10 dollars he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year.

He would have made about $19.60 while watching the 100 meter dash in the Olympics.

He would have made about $15,600 during the Boston Marathon.

While the common person was spending about $20 for a meal in his trendy Chicago restaurant, he would have pulled in about $5600.

In his last year, he made more than twice as much as all U.S. past presidents for all of their terms combined.

... However...

... If Jordan had saved 100% of his income for the next 250 years, he'll still have less than Bill Gates had right then.

Game over.  Whoa.... Geek wins.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Aha! Another person who was paid when he wasn't working. ;)  Is that fair? ;D :'(

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 22, 2012, 04:23:32 PM
Aha! Another person who was paid when he wasn't working. ;)  Is that fair? ;D :'(

Fair to whom? ??? ... the person receiving payment or the companies giving payment? ??? 
Wasn't working? ??? 
I (with company contractual agreement) will pay you, Michael:
... to wear my Hanes T-Shirt & Shorts on camera or any place you go.
... to Drive my car
... to use my camera
,,, to wear my Nike Air-Jordans
... to eat in my restaurant
... to drink my beer, my gatorade, my milk , my whatever! 
Why?... because you are the greatest basketball player EVER to play the game.... next to Larry Bird, of course!  8)

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Warph,
LARRY Bird --- Michael JORDON?? Naw, we don't even want to go there---white men can't jump :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk