The Worst Album Covers of All-Time

Started by Warph, April 16, 2012, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

(LOL... Lord all mighty, how did I run across this.  (Help me out here, LarryJ... you're the record guru) 

Okay... sure, there are some record stores still around, but they only carry classic vinyls, the Bowies and The Beatles and the Rolling Stones of this world.  But, what about these precious gems?  What about this raw insanity CYMKed (Cyan Magenta Yellow blacK) forever in cheap cardboard sleeves, created by some deluded souls who dreamed of reaching the top of the charts with 'Thank You For the Dove?'... 'Where's Dick Black and his accordion?'.... And

'The Faith Tones' ... Wish I had hair like that.

'Rudy Ray Moore' ... Need this for my next Christmas Party

'
It's Me Mummy' ... LOL, no comment.

'All My Friends Are Dead'... I wonder why?

My favorite: Where can I hear Svetlana Gruebbersolvik's lips in action, please?  I bet that woman's blowing is something fierce with that thar tooter.

You can check more of them at:
http://blog.tastebuds.fm/worst-album-covers-of-all-time/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Warph, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I don't remember any of those.

I do remember some LP covers than were released and then recalled.  The group Blind Faith released an album with a topless 13 year old girl on the front.  I still have one, but almost immediately the cover was replaced by something more tasteful. 

If you look real close at the Baja Marimba Band covers, one of the band members is always standing in the background with his back turned.........in the process of urinating.  Those were allowed.

One of the albums released by Janis Joplin was recalled after someone noticed her breast was somewhat exposed, unacceptable in those days. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Larry,
If I remember right there was a scandal over a commode being on the cover of a The Mama's & Papa's album back in the 60's

larryJ

You are right, Jarhead......here it is.  I don't remember it but it is true.  copied from a website.

The Mama's and the Papa's - If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears
For this one, the toilet was declared to be indecent and the record was recalled. The new album cover had the toilet obscured by a list of songs on the LP.

I could understand the censorship if there was a big log in the bowl. That would be a bit much. But c'mon, it's obvious they're in a bathroom - bathrooms have toilets. What's the big deal?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk