Set phasers to stun, Spock!

Started by Patriot, March 28, 2012, 08:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on March 29, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

For the record, I find your pejorative use of the 'Joe Public' reference as about as offensive to the core principles of a representative republic as one can be... short of openly embracing Statism or Communism in America.  I'll choose to believe that your statement came from a simple misunderstanding of open government and not from an intent to offend our form of government.

Its absolute disdain and contempt for Joe Public and the Republic. Folks like this think Joe public are inbred ignorant hicks incapable of managing their own lives.  If your not a part of the "social collective" your treated as such.  It is quite interesting how those who side with the collective are the ones who will end up as cannon fodder for the statist or communist regime. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on March 29, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

Did we really need tasers and a budget cut for the road department?

ROAD BUDGET?  why even have one. They don't maintain the roads.

Diane Amberg

My goodness Steve, if you really think all Gov't officials are dishonest, why would any decent person run for office knowing they will be stamped as crooks before they ever get to do anything? That's rather discouraging isn't it?

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 30, 2012, 08:28:59 AM
My goodness Steve, if you really think all Gov't officials are dishonest, why would any decent person run for office knowing they will be stamped as crooks before they ever get to do anything? That's rather discouraging isn't it?

Taking McGregor Theory X vs Theory Y as a basis for human motivation and considering the thought that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, it is unwise to avoid skepticism with regard to officials to whom power over the population is given.  Especially since government power often includes lawful use of tools not generally available to the average citizen (confiscation through taxation, use of force, suspension of liberty, etc.).

Like em if you wish, but never underestimate the corrupting influence of power over fallible humans.  Never expect that which you don't inspect.

With Obama as a glaring example... You trust em all if you wish... I'm gonna watch em closely.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

I trust very few, especially those who have been in office for a very long time and have been exposed to all the subtle influences and have been effectively surrounded by their handlers, who edit what the person sees, hears and sometimes thinks.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 30, 2012, 08:28:59 AM

They may be honest when they start, but eventually they succumb to the power.  Ever heard power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolute.
Without limiting their term of office, there is nothing to keep them honest.  Power is a drug. its addictive.  It affects everyone to some degree, more in others that have no moral compass. Even those who initially have a moral compass are tainted after time.   Those that are not corruptible are usually killed or they are tossed out in some form by election or by  scandal.  This is the very reason the constitution was written, to control the power of government. 
I hold no hope anymore for our country, i suspect it will fall in the next 5 -10 years.  I just hope we can survive it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk