Montgomery Ward

Started by W. Gray, March 23, 2012, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Same story but with pencils. My sister and I were 6 years apart so we wouldn't have wanted the same things, but we sure enjoyed those  toy catalogs.

W. Gray

A Sears home:

A Montgomery Wards home:
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

Besides the toy catalog, Sears had several specialty catalogs. I don't know about Wards.

Sears had a tools catalog, a farm catalog, a fashion catalog, and a number of others I cannot recall off hand.

In the mid-eighties, Sears had a bee keepers catalog.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on March 27, 2012, 11:14:43 AM
Besides the toy catalog, Sears had several specialty catalogs. I don't know about Wards.

Sears had a tools catalog, a farm catalog, a fashion catalog, and a number of others I cannot recall off hand.

In the mid-eighties, Sears had a bee keepers catalog.

I've got hives that were sold by sears and some of my tools are handtools sold by sears back in the 50's.  STill have a warranty on them.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Didn't you build your own hives?

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk