ALLEN, Patricia Ann "Pat" - b. July 31, 1927 - d. March 20, 2012

Started by patyrn, March 20, 2012, 09:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Patricia "Pat" Allen passed away this morning at Twilight Manor in Howard.   Details of services will follow when received.

flo

Carla, my sympathies and prayers to you and your family.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

Patricia Ann "Pat" Allen age 84, a resident of Howard, Kansas, entered eternal life on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at the Howard Twilight Manor.  She was born on July 31, 1927 in Emporia, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil R. and Susan Pearl (Markel) Allen.

After graduating from Howard High School in 1945, Pat attended and graduated from Business School in Chillicothe, Missouri.  In 1947, Pat began working for Phillips Petroleum Company in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, and she retired on February 1, 1983 as a senior draftsman.  She moved back to Howard and operated Allen's Retail Liquor until December 1988.  Pat became a resident of Howard Twilight Manor in August 2006.  She was a member of the Rebekah Lodge, American Legion Auxiliary, Howard Investment Club, Howard Chamber of Commerce, and Howard City Library Board.

Pat is survived by the ones she called her family:  Matt, Carla, Brooklyn, and London Hilton.  She was preceded in death by her parents.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with Pastor Charles Cryderman officiating.  Visitation will be held Friday, March 23, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home.  Interment will be held at Grace Lawn Cemetery.  In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to either the West Elk Scholarship fund with the Howard Alumni Association or the Howard Twilight Manor and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

Pat was my coffee friend when I was sheriff and we used to read the same kind of books, so we were trading books all the time. Gin Smith was the other book friend that I had in Howard. I will miss Pat. Well, heck, I have been missing her for quite sometime because when she went to the nursing home, it seemed hard for me to go see her. The last time I saw her was a year ago Valentine's Day when I was honored to deliver to her the prettiest roses from Carla and family. She sure loved Carla, Matt, their girls, and the Morgans. They were good friends to her. Pat knew everyone and knew alot of history of Howard. If she didn't know it, she would say, Go talk to Elwood Miller. He will know. And of course he did. Pat will be greatly missed by everyone especially Carla and her family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk