Mind Blowing Unsolved Mysteries

Started by Warph, March 14, 2012, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

That Ain't No Moon... It's A Spaceship

For as smart as we humans think we are, there sure are a lot of things that we cannot explain.  Throughout history, a large number of events, claims, and scientific findings have fallen beyond the current level of human understanding.  Some of these unsolved mysteries are completely mind-blowing, and 20 of them are contained in this gallery!  Can you figure them out?  

First on this list of unsolved mysteries is the origin of Earth's moon.  Traditional science argues that the moon was created from a collision of Earth and another smaller planet.  However, there are a number of strange phenomena regarding our mysterious moon.  Here are a few of these strange facts: the moon is the wrong size for its current orbit, the moon rings like a bell when hit by an object which could signal that it's hollow, metal shavings were found in samples taken by the Apollo crew, and UFO sightings were common on NASA moon missions.

All these phenomena and more point toward the suggestion that the moon is actually an artificially created spaceship.  It's a bit far fetched, but throughout history, Astronomers have been discouraged from testing this theory.

More on this later!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Taos Hum

A humming noise usually isn't a big concern, unless you can hear one when it should be completely silent.  The mysterious and annoying 'Taos Hum' has plagued residents of certain locations in the United States, UK, and other parts of Europe over the past few decades.  The name originates from the small town of Taos, New Mexico, where there is the largest concentration of complaints.  Not everyone can hear the humming, but it's consistently described as a low rumble similar to an idling diesel engine.  Scientists have been unable to detect the noise, even when using high tech equipment capable of registering VLF (very low frequency) sound waves. 

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Giant Stone Balls

Costa Rican workers found something a large number of stone spheres when clearing a jungle in the 1930s.  These remarkable objects are almost perfectly spherical and range in size from those that fit in your hand to one that's an amazing 8-feet in diameter.  Nobody knows who made these impressive round rocks, why they did it, and perhaps most importantly, how they were constructed so perfectly.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Zodiac Killer

The Zodiac Killer is probably the most infamous serial killer of all time, especially considering that he was never caught.  This maniac haunted Northern California in the 1960s after killing at least five victims and injuring two more.  He taunted police through an anonymous phone call and a number of encrypted letters.  The police suspected a man named Arthur Leigh Allen, but there was not enough evidence to convict him.   The murders remain an unsolved case, and parts of Zodiac's letters were never decoded.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Men in Black

Most people consider the 'Men in Black' movies as pure Hollywood fantasy, but real tales of such men date all the way back to the early 1950s.  In the past few decades, a large number of reports have come in regarding strange men dressed in black suits.  Just like in the movies, these men visit people that claim to have experienced a close encounter with alien life.  They claim to have legitimate credentials, but upon further inspection they do not exist or are listed as dead.  Another name for a man in black is a "grinning man" because of their reportedly wide smiles.  There are many wild theories regarding the true identities of these men, but there is no evidence to support any of the claims.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Voynich Manuscript

The Voynich Manuscript is a mysterious document from medieval times that's written an unknown language. Numerous attempts to decode the manuscript have all failed. Based on the imagery that accompanies the text, the document likely contains information on early modern medicine. However, the strange images of unknown plant species and undecipherable language raise a number of questions regarding its true origin and purpose.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Marfa Lights

Mysterious 'ghost' lights have been hovering above Marfa, Texas since the early
1950s, and have been thoroughly documented in photographs and video. Each
light is approximately the size of a basketball and floats around in the air at about
human height. There are many theories regarding the Marfa lights, but none of
them have been proven.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Angel Hair

Angel Hair is a strange substance that reportedly falls from the sky and resembles the consistency of cobweb or fine hair. This strange material disintegrates quickly after it is touched or reaches the ground. It is often reported in conjunction with other paranormal events like the 'Miracle at Fatima' in 1917. There are a couple different scientific explanations for this phenomenon including migratory spiders and polarized dust particles. Another theory involves the ionization of air particles from UFOs, but none of these theories have been proven concretely.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Mothman

A terrifying creature supposedly lurks around the area of Charleston and Point Pleasant,
West Virginia. The Mothman was first sighted in 1926 and was heavily reported in 1967.
This monster apparently is the size of a man but has no head, large wings, and large red
eyes. No photographs of the Mothman exist, but there have been reports as recently as 2
007 of its existence.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk