FORD, Leslie Lloyd "Les" - b. August 10, 1940 - d. March 19, 2012

Started by patyrn, March 20, 2012, 10:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

It has been posted on Facebook that Les Ford passed away on Monday night.  Notification of services will be posted when released.

flo

this is getting to be a bit too much.  I have known Leslie Ford for so many many years.  We went to the lower grades together.  His older sister was my older sister's age.  At the time they lived in Severy, there were Evelyn, Leslie and a younger sister (I can't recall her name.)  I don't know if the family grew after they moved.  I re-connected with Leslie after so many many years when we were eating at Swinging Bridge when it was down town.  He looked so familiar and then someone called him Les and I was brazen enough to interrupt his meal to ask him if he was the Leslie Ford that lived in Severy at one time.   :) he replied yes and we had a very nice short visit.  He said he wouldn't have recognized me either.   so sorry to hear of his passing.  Sympathies and God's comfort to his family.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

It is with great sadness that I read this.  Les Ford was always one who had a smile for me, a gentleman whom I never heard utter a harsh word against anyone.  I send my prayers out to Marilyn.  I know this must be such a hard time for her and her family.

jarhead

there were Evelyn, Leslie and a younger sister (I can't recall her name.)  

Flo,
Is it Jo Anne ?

patyrn

Leslie Lloyd "Les" Ford, age 71, a resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012 at the Sedan City Hospital in Sedan, Kansas.  He was born on August 10, 1940 in Wichita, Kansas, the son of Lloyd and Jessie (Dutton) Ford.

He graduated from Elk Falls High School and then attended four years of school in Wichita where he obtained his electrician journeyman's license.  On May 8, 1956, Les was united in marriage to Dorothy Cain in Elk Falls, Kansas.  Les worked through the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers as an electrician.  He worked as a superintendent for several companies throughout his career. 

He was a member of Elk Falls United Methodist Church, Hope Lodge #155 AF & AM, Ladonia Chapter #243 Order of the Eastern Star, I.B.E.W. Local #271 of Wichita, Elk County Rodeo Association, and the Sons of the American Legion.  Les enjoyed spending time with his family and grandkids, fishing, hunting, playing cards, and taking care of his calves and chickens. 

Les is survived by his wife, Dorothy Ford of Moline, Kansas; one daughter, Marilyn McNee and husband, Dennis of Moline, Kansas; two sons, Steven Ford of Burden, Kansas and Michael Ford and his wife, Nancy of Iola, Kansas; two sisters, Evelyn Condon of Elk City, Kansas and JoAnn Turner of Wichita, Kansas; and nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, March 23, 2012 at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with Pastor Dena Allison officiating.  The family will receive friends Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the funeral home.  Interment will be held at Moline Cemetery in Moline, Kansas with a Masonic service graveside.  In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the Moline Chamber of Commerce for parks and recreation.  Contributions may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

I sure didn't know the Ford's lived in Severy at one time. I knew they lived in Elk Falls. Didn't Les's folks run a grocery store in Elk Falls or was that his grandparents? Or am I totally crazy?

greatguns

Janet, I'm guessing you are totaly crazy. ;D  His Dad was the sheriff of Elk County at one time.

Ole Granny

My sympathy to the family.  I was just talking to a guy named Randy, Monday night here in Wichita that is related to the Ford's.  He was telling me his  grandfather was from Elk Falls and had been sheriff at one time.  I said his name must of been Ford.  Well, yes, it was. he said. His other grandfather was from Fall River. 
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Quote from: Janet Harrington on March 21, 2012, 04:55:27 PM
I sure didn't know the Ford's lived in Severy at one time. I knew they lived in Elk Falls. Didn't Les's folks run a grocery store in Elk Falls or was that his grandparents? Or am I totally crazy?
.                Janet, Lloyd Ford had a cream station at Severy and later had a grocery store at Elk Falls, before he was Sheriff.

jarhead

Frank,
When did Lloyd have a grocery store in Elk Falls ? Must have been before my time. Paul & Bernice Cain and Myrtle Fox (Foster) had the two stores when I was young and if I remember right Everett Buchanan had the store before the Cains.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk