KNIGHT, Terry Wayne - b. April 18, 1951 - d. March 18, 2012

Started by patyrn, March 20, 2012, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Terry Wayne Knight, 60, of Winfield, Kansas, passed away Sunday, March 18, 2012 at St. Francis Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas.  Born on April 18, 1951in Wichita, Kansas, he was the son of Wyatt and Bernita (Boss) Knight.

He was raised and received his education in Severy, Latham, and Leon, Kansas, graduating from Leon High School in 1989.  A veteran of the Vietnam War, Terry proudly served his country in the United States Army.  Following his military service, he worked in the oilfields, hauled hay, and enjoyed ranching.  In 1986, he began employment at Rubbermaid where he was currently a forklift driver.  Terry loved spending time with his family and woodcarving.

His family includes his wife, Barbara, of the home; his son, Steven Knight and wife, Tammi of Winfield, Kansas; his daughters, Misty Williams and Tracy Anderson, both of Winfield, Kansas; his brother, Gary Knight of Severy, Kansas; his sister, Sandra Allen and husband, Ray of Milton, Kansas; and his grandchildren, Colton and Chase Knight, Eden Williams, and Isabella Martinez.  In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, David Knight and his sister, Cindy Ware-Chandler.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, March 23, 2012 at Miles Funeral Service, 4001 E. 9th, Winfield, Kansas 67156.  Interment will follow at Pleasant Valley Cemetery near Hackney, Kansas.  Friends may call at the funeral home from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, March 22, 2012.  The family will greet friends from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. that evening.  A memorial has been established in Terry's name for the American Heart Association.  Contributions may be made through the funeral home.

(taken from the Miles Funeral Service website)

patyrn

Terry Wayne Knight is the uncle of Forum member, Angie Town.

flo

anybody who was raised and went to school in Severy knew Terry, his parents and siblings.  My condolences to Gary and his family and to Angie and her family.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Same here. I sent condolences by way of face book also. That's just too young !

greatguns

Sending my condolences to Terry's wife and family.  He was my classmate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk