Oprah and Obuma and Rosie

Started by Warph, March 17, 2012, 05:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Obuma: Oprah helped make me president

Wrapping up a full day of campaign fundraisers, President Obama paid tribute Friday to one of his earliest and most prominent supporters: Oprah Winfrey.

"Just like books and skin cream," Obama said to laughter, "when Oprah decides she likes you, then other people like you, too."

Winfrey, the former talk show host who now owns her own network, attended a fundraiser at the Atlanta area home of actor and filmmaker Tyler Perry.

"There is my good friend, Oprah," Obama said. "Who very early on, when I was still running, just decided that she would support this guy with a name that nobody could pronounce."

Both Obama and Winfrey call Chicago their hometown.
More (ugh) at:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/03/obama-oprah-helped-make-me-president/1?csp=34news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-NewsTopStories+%28News+-+Top+Stories%29

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Gee, Rosie's gone... how about that.  Nobody watched her show. What happen to the LGBT&GenderQueer... where were they?   Busy hanging out protesting Rick Santorum, I suppose.  (I bet ol' dirty "Dog" is happy).... In fact no one watches Oprah, 'cept maybe Teresa, Jarhead, LarryJ and R.A.M.B.O.  What a shame. :P :-* :'(  
Her "OWN" Channel is losing $9 million a week, so she had to layoff 1/5th of her staff and that LOW RATINGS DEMON is hot on her tail...  maybe Obuma can find them both a job in his administration until the end of the year when he has to step down January something...  Oh me, I can hear Ol' Blues now... "Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town... Chicago, Chicago, how about them old Clowns"

:laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:[/font][/size]

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Warph,
Why you old goat !!! You just bought yourself a whole can full of Kansas whup ass. Word on the street is that R.A.M.B.O. will only watch Oprah if he has his 3-D glasses on

larryJ

While the OWN network is a favorite to one of the family members in this house, it is not allowed to be on in the living room, where I mostly reside.  If that person wants to watch Oprah, she must stay in her room and watch it there.  Any attempts to watch it in the living room results in ill-mannered comments and threats as well as aggressive behavior from R.A.M.B.O.  He is more likely to watch shows such as NCIS, Funniest Home Videos, Lakers Basketball, Dodger Baseball, and I caught him secretly panting when the Westminster Dog Show was recently on.  So, Oprah is blacklisted from the living room along with HGTV and Househunters, DIY, and all similar shows. 

As for Jarhead, I am fairly certain he does not watch Oprah, unless he has a seamy dark side nobody knows about.

As for Teresa, well, maybe she does and maybe she doesn't.......but I wouldn't want to upset an armed person.

Proceed with caution, Warph...

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

Oh yeah!  What about this:

Quote from: jarhead on March 20, 2012, 08:33:03 AM
Warph, Why you old goat are so right!!! I hear Larry J is a BIG fan of Oprah and HGTV. You just bought yourself a whole can full of Kansas whup ass. Word on the street is that R.A.M.B.O. says so and will only watch Oprah if he has his 3-D glasses on siiting on LarryJ's lap.

Now... is that proof or is that proof!
--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Warph,
I think you have a future working at MSNBC---or CNN---or replace Jay Carney . ;)

larryJ

Warph, old pal, the only "proof" is the alcohol content of whatever it is you're drinking. 

I would make a long witty, sarcastic, insulting and otherwise silly reply to this thread, but R.A.M.B.O. just brought me a beer (gluten free) and is making himself comfortable in the chair next to me as the Laker game is about to start.  As I type he is reading and I can see the obvious look of disgust at the comments you are making, good buddy.

Now he is asking if we should make a little trip over to Arizona to deliver some of that Kansas whup-ass for Jarhead.  Sometimes when he gets a little riled it is hard to get him to calm down.  Hopefully the Lakers play well because that will calm him down a little.  I asked him if we should take Sir Charles as backup and that got him laughing pretty hard and is helping to calm him down.

Consider yourself safe for awhile.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk