BRUNER, Frank Leroy - b. May 9, 1922 - d. February 17, 2012

Started by patyrn, February 20, 2012, 11:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Frank Leroy Bruner, 89, a longtime resident of Moline, Kansas, passed away Friday, February 17, 2012 at the Good Samaritan Village in Winfield, Kansas.  He was born on May 9, 1922 in Moline, Kansas, the son of Andrew Frank and Minnie (Horning) Bruner.

At a young age, Frank took over the family farm operation after the death of his father.  Frank would care for his farming and ranching operation until his health no longer permitted in 1999.  On December 24, 1943, he was united in marriage to Darlene Winifred Van Buskirk in Moline, Kansas.  Frank and Darlene enjoyed square dancing.  He enjoyed kids and was known as a man that would do anything for his neighbors.

Frank is survived by three sons, Rod Bruner and Alan Bruner, both of Moline, Kansas and Perry Bruner of Ponca City, Oklahoma; two sisters, Betty Hornbuckle of Howard, Kansas and Mary Thiessen of Hutchinson, Kansas; one brother, George Bruner of El Dorado, Kansas; two grandchildren, Jessica Abel and her husband, John of Olympia, Washington and Josh Bruner of Stillwater, Oklahoma attending OSU; and one great-grandson, Braden Abel of Olympia, Washington.  He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife, Darlene.  

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home., 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas with Pastor Dena Allison officiating.  Visitation will be Tuesday, February 20, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.,m. at the funeral home.  Interment will be at Moline Cemetery in Moline, Kansas.  Family suggests memorials to the Rivercross Hospice or Moline UMC and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Catwoman

:'(  This man was always a favorite of mine...He always had a smile for me.  Someday, I'll get to buy the coffee for you again, my friend...Until then...Keep the pot warm and save a cup for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk