DURBIN, Bonnie Lou (Baughman) - b. January 20, 1921 - d. February 15, 2012

Started by ddurbin, February 29, 2012, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurbin

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:57 PM CST

Bonnie Lou Durbin, 91, went to be with her Lord on February 15, 2012 and is now reunited with her loved ones who have gone before her.  She was born January 20, 1921 in Howard, Kansas to Anna and Samuel Baughman.

Bonnie graduated from Moline High School in Moline, Kansas and attended college in Emporia, Kansas. She married Gene L. Durbin on April 13, 1941. Bonnie and Gene moved to Aransas Pass, Texas in 1952 and managed the Traveler's Motor Hotel until 1962. She worked for the Tourist Bureau in Corpus Christi, Texas in 1963. Bonnie then served as manager of the Chamber of Commerce in Aransas Pass and manager of the Western Union until her retirement. Bonnie was a member of the Ingleside United Methodist Church, Business and Professional Women's Club, and was inducted into the Who's Who of American Women in 1978. Bonnie loved her family and will always be remembered for her love of life and devotion to her family.

Bonnie was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Gene; her sister, Mildred Bumgarner; son, Ronald; daughter-in-law, Norma; son-in-law, Felix Turnbough; and granddaughter, Cara Hobbs.

She is survived by two daughters, Janice (Norman) Spears of Rockport, Texas and Cathy Turnbough of Ingleside, Texas; grandchildren, Dedra (Ben) Pruett of Bergheim, Texas, Norm (Christina) Spears and Sam (Alissa) Spears, both of Rockport, Texas, Justin (Desiree) Spears of Nashville, Tennessee, Matt Durbin and Trey (Jamie) Turnbough, both of Ingleside, Texas, and Justin Hobbs of Boerne, Texas; eight great-grandchildren, Phillip and Kaleigh Pruett of Bergheim, Texas, Emily and Abigail Spears of Rockport, Texas, Hailey and Kate Hobbs of Boerne, Texas, Piper Durbin of Ingleside, Texas, and  Lochlan Spears of Rockport, Texas; and many nieces and nephews, all of Kansas.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions be made to the Ingleside United Methodist Church Memorial Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 688, Ingleside, Texas78362.

Visitation will be held Sunday, February 19, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at Charlie Marshall Funeral Home, Aransas Pass. Funeral service will begin at 10:00 a.m. Monday, February 20, 2012 at Charlie Marshall Funeral Home. Interment will follow in Aransas Memorial Park, Rockport, Texas.

Ole Granny

My sympathy to the family.  It hasd been many years but always likie Bonnie.  Janice and I were in ther same class in grade school.
Prayers
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

larryJ

My condolences to the family......her husband, Gene, was a Lynam descendant.  Gene's grandfather, John Foster Lynam was a brother to my great-grandmother, Sarah Ann Lynam.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk