MATTOCKS, Donna Kay (Stephens) - b. June 24, 1944 - d. January 23, 2012

Started by patyrn, January 26, 2012, 10:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Donna Kay (Stephens) Mattocks, 67, passed away January 23, 2012 after a long, brave fight with ovarian cancer.  Donna was born in Wichita, Kansas on June 24, 1944 to Ethan and Lola (Golden) Stephens of rural Sedan, Kansas.

Donna attended Chautauqua County schools, graduating with the Class of 1962 at Sedan High School.  On March 2, 1963, she and Marvin Mattocks of Cedar Vale, Kansas were united in marriage at her parents' home at Moore Prairie.  He preceded her in death on October 9, 2004 after forty-one years of marriage.

Donna enjoyed spending time with her family and grandchildren.  She enjoyed ceramics, crocheting, going to auctions, and bowling.  She was a medication aide in Coffeyville, Kansas before switching careers to banking in Coffeyville and Independence, Kansas.  She retired from the Great Plains Federal Credit Union.  She also was a member of Tyro Christian Church in Tyro, Kansas.  

Donna is survived by three children:  son, Stephen and wife, Kat of Wichita, Kansas, daughter, Debbie Owens and husband, Willie of Rio Rancho, New Mexico, and daughter, Jennifer Walker and husband, Robert of Longton, Kansas; two sisters, Elouise Potter of Madison, Alabama and Irene Kindley of Belton; Texas; several nieces and nephews; and her proudest accomplishments, her nine grandchildren, Krysten, Nicole, Ethan, Sam, Spenser, Whitney, Robert III, Kaitlyn, and Cheyenne.  She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Barbara Jean Brown and Roberta Appier.

Church services will be held Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the First Christian Church in Sedan, Kansas with Evangelist David Bycroft and Reverend John Warring officiating.  Burial will follow at the Moore Prairie Cemetery west of Sedan, Kansas.  Family and friends may call Friday, January 27, 2012 from 12:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the David W. Barnes Funeral Home in Sedan, Kansas.  The family has suggested memorials to the American Cancer Society. Those remembrances can be sent to David W. Barnes Funeral Home, 209 N. Douglas, Sedan, Kansas 67361.

(taken from the David W. Barnes Funeral Home website)

Judy Harder

Donna has been my neighbor for the past year or so.........she was a lovely lady.
RIP Donna.........you fought the fight......but now you are in the lap of God.
To her family, I ask that the Lord keep you in your time of grief.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

kshillbillys

Thank you for the prayers Judy. She was a fine lady. I miss her so much already! ---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

sixdogsmom

Edie

Diane Amberg

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

kshillbillys

Thank you all. It's been a rough few weeks already. I appreciate the prayers. I wish I could just let myself breakdown and cry, but I just can't yet. I have experienced so many wonderful memories over the last 2 years while I've been taking care of her and taking her to appointments and I thank God every day for the time I had with her. In my head, I can justify my lack of tears as knowing that she is with my daddy and grandparents again and there is no pain. She was so strong throughout her battle that the only time I know of her being in any pain was the last few days. I miss her and I hope that I am half  the woman she was! Thank you all again!--Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Janet Harrington

Jennifer, This is the first time I have seen your mother's obit. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Ms Bear

Jennifer, I am sorry to hear about your loss.  Will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk