Diaprax - Dialectic Praxis

Started by Patriot, January 11, 2012, 04:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Why do we continue to read the Politics thread?  Because at least one person who posts on it has a lot of common sense and what he posts serves a purpose.  Actually, there are several people who make a lot of sense.  I do avoid the posts of the ones that contribute nothing in their posts.  If I stayed away from everything posted in Politics, I would be missing some of the best informational, satirical and interesting articles.  And all of them presented without personal attacks on anyone.

So, there, Steve, you have it.  I read what I know is going to give me a good feeling and stay away from what upsets me.

jarhead

Quote from: Wilma on January 19, 2012, 08:37:30 AM
Why do we continue to read the Politics thread?  Because at least one person who posts on it has a lot of common sense and what he posts serves a purpose.  Actually, there are several people who make a lot of sense.  I do avoid the posts of the ones that contribute nothing in their posts.  If I stayed away from everything posted in Politics, I would be missing some of the best informational, satirical and interesting articles.  And all of them presented without personal attacks on anyone.

I fully agree with you Wilma. I presume the one you refer to as having common sense is Patriot with the information he posts. Without him we would be left " in the dark" , don't you think ? I fear the personal attacks and rudeness of some have driven some of the ones with " lots of sense" away from the forum. Case in point---where is Varmit ? kshillbillies ?Sarge ? Even Ross and Patriot have slowed down on their postings.

flintauqua

Somehow I don't think that's who she meant, Jarhead.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Wilma

You're right, Charlie.  You never know, I might have meant Jarhead.  That's satirical.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk