Closing Boeing, Wichita

Started by Wilma, January 04, 2012, 12:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

All over the news today is the announcement that Boeing in Wichita will be closing by the end of 2013.  I would like to hear what you all think about this and do you think it will affect us here in Elk County?

It won't affect me personally except for the fact that I have a nephew that has worked there for a long time.  I am not sure but he might be able to retire from Boeing.

What are your thoughts on this and how might it affect you?

W. Gray

It is really a shock to hear that news. Over 1600 B-29s came out of Wichita.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Mother, are you sure your nephew is working for Boeing or did he go with Spirit when that company came into the picture? I think this sucks because our senators in Washington fought for Boeing to get the defense contract after they promised they would stay in Wichita and would hire around 7,500 people. Now they are leaving. Senator Jerry Moran had some things to say about this on KAKE web site. Here is that story link...http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Senator_Jerry_Moran_Boeings_Closure_in_Wichita_Disturbing_136665233.html

Wilma

Janet, I really don't know.  Nobody has said anything about him for sometime now except to announce that both his children are married and he is a grandpa now.

greatguns

AMAZING!  The politicians don't like being told something will happen and then getting it changed on them.  Of all people, I should think they would understand empty promises. ;)

Wilma

You would think, wouldn't you?  They should know all about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk