The Truth About Newt...

Started by redcliffsw, December 07, 2011, 05:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Okay... Ron Paul has some great ideas about getting away from the iron fist of government but, he has some really, really wacky ideas on foriegn policy, other things and so on.... etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc!
Like I have said before, it is going to come down to... as Murray Rothbard said, "A two party system" .... a Republican and Democrat... Gingrich/Romney vs. Obuma.  So why waste a vote on Paul when it could help get Obuma out of office and onto the "bread line?"
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Like I've said before WARPH, I think Paul has the mindset if it can't be him---then to hell with the GOP---let Obama have it another 4 years

jarhead

Oh yea, we are now resorting to articles written 17 years ago about Newt ? Funny !!

redcliffsw

So you're thinking that Newt is a changed man nowadays?  Where's the evidence?

I'm thinking that Newt is still a liberal, just like he was 17 years ago.

By the way, it's the Republican party and the media that does not want Ron Paul to have the Republican nomination.
I agree that Ron Paul isn't much of a Republican.   

Diane Amberg

Hm...are people supposed to "forget' his $300,000 fine and reprimands from his own people and party, because it wasn't recent, yet never forget the misdeeds and wrong doings of other politicians no matter how long ago it was? Interesting thinking.
I don't care how far back it goes, he's too slippery for me. How has he redeemed himself? Now it comes out we've been pronouncing his last name wrong all this time. It's pronounced Gingrick, not Gingrich...interesting.

jarhead

In no way do I think ol Newt is perfect and no I don't agree with all his ideas. Is there any one candidate you agree with on everything he stands for?
Yes ol Newt got his t#t in a ringer and paid the price---but you name me one---just one--politician that has always done anything but ethical things. Newt was not real popular with his own party when he was speaker so they went after him.But he's a Repub so lets crucify him but Chas Rangle, Dodd, Bwaney Fwanks and on and on---lets just slap their little paws and say,"bad boys"
Thought it was funny yesterday when Paul said Newt was "a lifetime politition" So tell me Mr. Paul---how long have you been in politics ? 1970 what , you hypocrite ?

farmgal67357

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 08, 2011, 08:23:37 AM
By the way, it's the Republican party and the media that does not want Ron Paul to have the Republican nomination.
I agree that Ron Paul isn't much of a Republican.   

I don't want Ron Paul to have the Republican nomination. And he's a Libertarian who's running as a Republican so he can participate in the debates. But you knew that....
Lisa
Lisa

flintauqua

Quote from: farmgal67357 on December 08, 2011, 02:04:01 PM
I don't want Ron Paul to have the Republican nomination. And he's a Libertarian who's running as a Republican so he can participate in the debates. But you knew that....
Lisa

Let's hope he doesn't pull a Perot by ending up running as an independent in the general election, spliting the Republican vote and allowing Obama another four years.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

redcliffsw

We sure ought to have more candidates like Ron Paul.  Republicans offer little or no change to Obama.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk