My Experience at the West Elk USD#282 Special School Board Meeting

Started by Ross, November 30, 2011, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Ross, I don't always agree with you by any means, but I do appreciate the fact that you care enough to go to meetings and give your observations on a public forum. IMHO, the general problems this county has is the reluctance of people to express their opion other than a secret ballot. Of course a ballot is the final say, but many things occur that are not subjected to the voting process, and this is a problem. After all it is difficult to stand and be responsible for an opinion that may not be the supposed popular one. That takes courage, and I salute that courage. Keep on keepin' on.  8)
Edie

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Mom70x7 on December 01, 2011, 09:08:30 PM
It is not a county school on county property. It is a District School located on property in the county. Semantics, maybe. We have three schools (possibly 4) operating in Elk County: Elk Valley, Central and West Elk. (Don't know if Sedan/Chautauqua County comes into Elk County.)

Actually, if you would go into the county clerk's office you can see a map that shows all the school districts that come into Elk County. On the west side you have Central of Burden and Bluestem. On the east side you have Fredonia and Elk Valley. On the south side you have Sedan. It comes up into the SE corner of Elk County. I'm not sure, but I think that the Eureka district comes just into Elk County around Piedmont. It is my belief that we have a total of 7 school districts whose boundaries lay in Elk County. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mom70x7

I think you're right - I just knew we had more than 2. I forgot about Fredonia and I wondered about Eureka.

flintauqua

Map of school districts from KSDE, I recommend blowing it up to at least 150% to view.

http://www.ksde.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=wxZ9CKBYHRs%3d&tabid=4833&mid=11719

Janet's right, except about Sedan.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Teresa

Quote from: flintauqua on December 02, 2011, 03:14:31 AM

Janet's right, except about Sedan.

Shhhhh~~~ Janet shouldn't be told that ... its way to daaaangerrrrous!!!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I was right about everything, everything, everything, except Sedan. LOL

farmgal67357

Quote from: readyaimduck on December 01, 2011, 08:42:00 PM
farm:  I am not questioning that.  My certificates say that also.
Today, I believe I am not so.   and there in lies the difference. 

and what does your hubby have to do with this, may I ask?
ready

He's a teacher at West Elk. So, yes, there are Highly Qualified teachers at West Elk. Or at least one. I thought someone had asked that question.
Lisa
Lisa

readyaimduck

QuoteRoss, I am pretty sure that all of the teachers at West Elk are highly Qualified

that came from lookatme.   Sorry for the confusion...it came later after other comments.
ready

readyaimduck

Quote*The school Superintendent told the Board the problem with that is Teachers have to be highly qualified.*
and also from Ross.   and Howdy Ross!
I don't always agree with Ross' methods of communicating, however I do agree that taxpayers need to know how and where their monies are spent.   
On a side note:   It is good to know that Janet's education was spent well knowing Sedan was not part of the district!    ;D
Janet, you're good people....just need to check your maps once in awhile.  ::)

ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk