CURRENT EVENTS TEST

Started by Ross, November 21, 2011, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Today's kids are no different then we were at their age. We coulld have cared less, we had a life to live that was far more important. We would have considered this info dribble and unnecessary.

Our parents didn't like our music nor the way we wore our pants. I remember my grandmother telling my older sister she was naked because she was wearing a two piece swim suit. And it wasn't even a bikini.

Diane Amberg

So then why are people so shocked and "tsk tsking" about it like it's such an awful thing.
Don't you remember duck and cover?   Some things were made very real to us. By the way grown women in the 30's and 40's wore two piece swimsuits, and I still think you mean drivel, not dribble. ;)

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 23, 2011, 10:29:44 PM
So then why are people so shocked and "tsk tsking" about it like it's such an awful thing.
Don't you remember duck and cover?   Some things were made very real to us. By the way grown women in the 30's and 40's wore two piece swimsuits, and I still think you mean drivel, not dribble. ;)

Perhaps because the "tsk tsking" people have become their parents and have forgot they were once kids.
I do know two piece swimsuits were around way before my sister but just the same my grandmother was shocked at seeing my sister in a two piece and she told my sistershe was naked.

The point was that our parents, just like todays parents, didn't/don't approve of the things kids do.

Happy Thanksgiving Diane.

Diane Amberg

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Ross.I suspect there will be a big bird (no, not that one)on your table today or perhaps it's someone elses turn.

Wilma

I am continually annoyed by the skimpiness of the clothing of the stars on TV today.  However, I am also a fan of old, old movies and you wouldn't believe the skimpiness of some of their clothing.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on November 24, 2011, 05:50:54 PM
I am continually annoyed by the skimpiness of the clothing of the stars on TV today.  However, I am also a fan of old, old movies and you wouldn't believe the skimpiness of some of their clothing.

LOL

And to think our parents thought Elvis was bad.
And also my parents thought it terrible when we pushed our jeans doen to our hip bones.
Happy Thanksgiving Wilma.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk