CURRENT EVENTS TEST

Started by Ross, November 21, 2011, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

CURRENT EVENTS TEST

You'll get your results immediately.
This is a terrific test. And it shows results in a number of ways. It indicates that the majority of Americans don't know what's going on.
No wonder our politicians take such advantage.
Interesting and simple test. It's astonishing that SO many people got LESS than half right (50%).
These results say that 80% of the (voting) public doesn't have a clue and that's pretty scary.
There are NO tricks here - just a simple test to see if you are current on your information.
Test your knowledge with 11 questions, then be ready to shudder when you see how others did.
Test Your News IQ - Pew Research Center

http://pewresearch.org/politicalquiz/quiz/index.php

flintauqua

13 out of 13, what does that get me?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

larryJ

Flint, so far first place.  I got 11 out of 13, putting me in second place.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

farmgal67357

I got 11 too! I used to not pay attention to any of that stuff, I hope I'm getting older and wiser!
Lisa
Lisa

Warph

Very simple quiz....  I'm 13 for 13.  I have an idea that my 8 year old neice could ace this quiz.  I'll send it to her.
It is truly amazing how little americans know what is going on in this sad, sad World today. 

Read the stat's on this quiz: 
http://www.people-press.org/2011/03/31/well-known-clinton-and-gadhafi-little-known-who-controls-congress/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Janet Harrington

Well, crap. I got 10 out of 13 and thought I was doing really good. Then I read your results and all I can say is this, Gosh, Janet, you suck!

Judy Harder

Then I read your results and all I can say is this, Gosh, Janet, you suck!

Not nearly as bad as I did.........barely made  8 of them...........ones I missed were the national ones, too.
Didn't recognize a few people....look different on tv and if I look at pictures in paper, just don't get shook up about them and most
are not extra attractive.....Oh, well.........
Never said I was smart.....sigh ::)
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Warph

Don't feel bad, Judy.  You probably did better than most young people today.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

For the most part the young people today don't care, most don't see what it has to do with them. Why memorize it when they have unlimited resources to look it up if they need to. Even the good students who will learn it because it's expected of them, don't get the importance of it. For them it's a different world.  Even people who "got it" at one time have replaced most of it in their memory banks with other information because, except for taking a quiz like this, what's it good for?  I could just as easily have looked up every answer if I had really needed to. Why carry all that around in my head for 50 years?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk