SURPRISE!!

Started by Wilma, November 17, 2011, 11:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I would like to know if everybody else's taxes went down this year.  Mine went UP and that is part of the reason my house will be for sale come spring.  I can't afford to own property in Elk Co.  >:( >:(
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Flo, I can't imagine why your taxes would have gone up.  You haven't done any improvements, have you?

Patriot, thank you for your kind words.  Yes, I am an optimistic fool.  I think that by next year there will be more income in Elk County and the commissioners will use part of it for real estate tax relief.  And I refuse to look at it the other way.  If the worse does happen, then I have had a whole year of happier thoughts.

Diane Amberg

Flo, were you reassessed for some reason? New deck or side walk or anything that would add value to your place? If not perhaps you could appeal the increase. It might have been an error.

indygal

Our taxes went up, and we haven't made any improvements. Not unless two raised-bed gardens and an iron dog run count as "improvements." ???

Patriot

Quote from: indygal on November 20, 2011, 01:25:02 PM
Not unless two raised-bed gardens and an iron dog run count as "improvements." ???

If it's hooked to the ground, could be.  For god sake... don't paint!

Seriously, welcome to Elk County.   ???
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 20, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
Flo, I can't imagine why your taxes would have gone up.  You haven't done any improvements, have you?

...And I refuse to look at it the other way.  If the worse does happen, then I have had a whole year of happier thoughts.

Enjoy your retirement..... Oh! Look... dandelions!

Wilma

And the prettiest one is the one your great grandchild picks and brings in just for you.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 20, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
Patriot, thank you for your kind words.

My words formed a question (?) and not a compliment, dear.

Perhaps it's time to teach the great grandkid how to make dandelion wine.

flo

absolutely NO improvements to my property.  Can't afford the materials and labor.  Well, the labor would be free (from my children), but would still need the materials.  All I wanted was a small back porch.  :'(  I thought maybe I was remembering wrong so got out last years statement.  I was right, they went up almost $30.00.  I only paid half this amount of tax in Greenwood county and I had a house, large double garage and shop all on 10 acres.  Go figure  :-[
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

readyaimduck

Quotetwo raised-bed gardens and an iron dog run
Those are not picked up as taxable.   You must have done something.   I would PUP, just to get an explanation.

Flo:
QuoteI was right, they went up almost $30.00.

That means your house went up $3000 in assessed value.  Greenwood county is one of the higher Counties in the SE Kansas depending on your city.

Mine went up, however I think I will have to PUP in order to get it straight.
ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk