If you own a home, read this!

Started by kshillbillys, November 16, 2011, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

In other words, you're right there with the "democracy" thing even when it denies liberty?

flintauqua

I do not believe having a representative democracy, aka democratic republic, form of government denies liberty.  Having a more pure republic structure of which you often post does deny liberty to all but a few.  If the founding fathers form of republic is what you are advocating, then you're saying that only land owning white males should have the right to vote.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 16, 2011, 09:31:57 PM
I did not say anything to that effect in what I posted.  I merely presented factual information that corrected the massive inaccuracies in what you posted.

I believe Liberty is served best when the electorate makes well-informed decisions based on factual information, not incendiary hyperbole.

What you posted wasn't fact or even correct information. Those that own the site you used are pawns of soros and this admin.  Sheesh.  what people will believe if it contains the word factcheck or snopes. 

Yall are gullible as hell
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 16, 2011, 10:01:23 PM
I do not believe having a representative democracy, aka democratic republic, form of government denies liberty.  Having a more pure republic structure of which you often post does deny liberty to all but a few.  If the founding fathers form of republic is what you are advocating, then you're saying that only land owning white males should have the right to vote.
Thats fine by me. 

Diane Amberg

Uh, based on the actual intent, what liberty would be denied ME based on the real facts of that article?
   Don't put words in my mouth. How do you think those expensive wars and all the security stuff is being paid for? I pay my share of taxes and more than many. I grumble too, but I also make it my business to know how the money is used. It could always be more efficiently spent, but I'm sure I could find what I might call waste in your own paychecks too. Not my business though. Have you ever lived in any other country to see what other systems are like? Try it! Perhaps you would be more appreciative of our imperfect system if you paid their "taxes".

flintauqua

Quote from: srkruzich on November 16, 2011, 10:25:12 PM
What you posted wasn't fact or even correct information. Those that own the site you used are pawns of soros and this admin.  Sheesh.  what people will believe if it contains the word factcheck or snopes. 

Yall are gullible as hell

Then I guess the  National Association of Realtors have been paid off by the left also:

"Q-9: Will the $250,000/$500,000 exclusion on the sale of a principal residence continue to apply?

A: Yes. Any gain from the sale of a principal residence that is less than $250,000 (individual) or $500,000 (joint return) will continue to be excluded from the income tax. The new 3.8% tax will NOT apply to this excluded amount of the gain.

Q-10: Will the 3.8% tax apply to any part of the gain on the sale of a principal residence?

A: The new Medicare tax would apply only to any gain realized that is more than the $250K/$500K existing primary home exclusion (known as the "taxable gain"), and only if the seller has AGI above the $200K/$250K AGI thresholds.

So, for example, if the taxable gain was $30,000 and a married couple had AGI (which would include the taxable gain) of $180,000, the 3.8% tax would not apply because AGI is less than $250,000. If that same couple had AGI of $290,000, then the application of the 3.8% tax would be subject to the same formula described above. The $30,000taxable gain on the sale would be less than the $40,000 excess above $250,000 AGI, so the $30,000 gain would be subject to the new 3.8% tax."

http://www.realtor.org/small_business_health_coverage.nsf/Pages/health_ref_faq_med_tax

Just what is in that tea the far-right have been serving?

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

frawin

Thanks Charlie, that is basically how my Realtor here interprets it. I am going to check with my CPA to get her interpretation.

redcliffsw

Quote from: flintauqua on November 16, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

The founding fathers had it right.  Just about anybody and everybody votes now - and more and more are voting for the "free" stuff at the expense our liberty.  Certainly landowner white male voters were protective of individual and property rights, instead of creating entitlements, grants, new rights, public schools, more government jobs and a whole lot more.

Diane Amberg

So the Constitution is fine as long as it protects certain people's rights but not all?
  If you want to sit in judgement, at least take a course in Constitutional Law, then go to law school, and eventually become a judge. This land owning white female says nay! This "us" vs "them"  attitude sucks eggs.Then some will say, "I won't vote or participate in the process, why bother?" ( except constantly gripe).... No public schools? You'd have the populous even less educated? That figures. Stratification is already happening...will your families be left out? To be successful, one figures out what works and what people need or want and will pay for, and then does it. It sure has worked for me. I've always had at least two if not three jobs. Even now when I'm cutting back, I have good extra income, one project at a time.

srkruzich

I've always said property owners ought to be the ones who vote.  They themselves will control government best as they have the vested interest in making sure it is not runaway and spendthrift. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk