Free renewable energy isn't free, it's expensive & we're payng for it.

Started by Patriot, November 12, 2011, 04:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

A Gold Rush of Subsidies in Clean Energy Search

New York Times
By ERIC LIPTON and CLIFFORD KRAUSS
Published: November 11, 2011

...The government support — which includes loan guarantees, cash grants and contracts that require electric customers to pay higher rates — largely eliminated the risk to the private investors and almost guaranteed them large profits for years to come. The beneficiaries include financial firms like Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, conglomerates like General Electric, utilities like Exelon and NRG — even Google...

..."It is like building a hotel, where you know in advance you are going to have 100 percent room occupancy for 25 years," said Kevin Smith, chief executive of SolarReserve....
[/i]

Full article:  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/12/business/energy-environment/a-cornucopia-of-help-for-renewable-energy.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Well i still believe that if it wasn't profitable enough for the companies to invest their own money then it isn't profitable enough for us to have to pay for it.  ONE PRIME EXAMPLE is the railroad. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Right!

It's probably true that the electric rate payers are subsidizing the Wind Farm in Elk County too. 

It seems like I read that some of the Elk Wind Farm money is to be used to buy "conservation easements". 
Just more government programs that should never be allowed in this country.

The govrnment continues to take away our liberty with these subsidies.  Let's stand for liberty, not ethanol and Wind Farms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk