Wind Turbines Sprouting on Elk County Prairie

Started by kshillbillys, November 06, 2011, 02:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 08:13:19 PM
Again, how is it the fault of anyone in Elk County?  This wind farm could have been built anywhere in Kansas and it would not have become part of the tax base; not county, city, school, state, watershed district, extension, or any other taxing authority.  The 1998 state legislature and then Governor Graves created that situation, not anybody local.

What tax base, they won't be paying taxes on it for at least 20 years or so.  Something from nothing gives exactly nothing.  LOL

QuoteA PILOT is not a locally negotiated tax break, it is a locally negotiated tax GAIN.  Again I reference the Elk River wind farm at Beaumont.  Butler County will only receive $150,000 a year for 20 years, or $1000 per MW.  Elk County will receive $4500 per MW per year, and that amount increases by 2% per year for the length of the 20 year agreement.
As i said before whoever negotiated this sucks at negotiation.  These companies are making 80million+  a year.  Paying no taxes, and giving yall chump change to keep folks quiet about it. In the very least they should be giving the county at least 10% if they wanna do business here and not provide mroe than a couple jobs IMO.   Its not like they can just go anywhere in the US and build one. They chose this particular spot because it fits their needs. ONLY the negotiator sucked at their job. 

So tell me how Elk County got screwed or f'd or whatever word you want to use?
Simply put the negotiators or Govt officials appear to be in the pockets of the Power companies.  I still don't get the landowners letting them build these monstrocities on their land for the pittance they pay for the use of the land.  Heck cell towers pay a ton more money than the power companies do apparantly.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you?

flintauqua

Quote from: Wilma on November 08, 2011, 09:16:14 PM

No, he doesn't Wilma.  But remember, he is a Ross/Patriot disciple, so by their definition he's right and I'm wrong.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 09:23:16 PM
No, he doesn't Wilma.  But remember, he is a Ross/Patriot disciple, so by their definition he's right and I'm wrong.

Daja' Moo and how assinine.

Quote from: Wilma on November 08, 2011, 09:16:14 PM

I'm sorry srkruzich she may be right, this time.

Again, how is it the fault of anyone in Elk County?
Didn't the county commissioners negotiate the PILOT Program and the contract?
And isn't One of the County Commissioner related to the Perkins family where part of the wind farm is.
And one County Commissioner Liebau who has land there or some other connection.

The meaning of Payment In Lieu Of Taxes is a bit of a misnomer, as the entity paying the PILOT has no legal obligation to pay anything, as there is no tax owed.

That sounds more like you are saying it is a lie.

So tell me how Elk County got screwed or f'd or whatever word you want to use?

Contracts are negotiated and it may have been better negotiated by people not involved with the company as partners, don't you think?

Especially since as you said it is not related to any taxes allowed by the state of Kansas.

Something to think about.

flintauqua

Yes, you're right Rauss.  It is the commissioners fault that Elk County will be receiving over 4 1/2 times per MW what Butler County will be getting, and over 3 times as much as Cloud County.

And you can take Mr. Liebau out of this discussion, he wasn't a commissioner when the PILOT was negotiated and signed.  The commissioners and county attorney that negotiated the PILOT would be McDonald, Jontra, Hendricks and Ware.

Do you know even half of what you spew to the world on this Forum?

And I award you a purple ribbon for the selective quoting trying to somehow twist my comment on the states tax excemption on wind projects:

"Again, how is it the fault of anyone in Elk County?  This wind farm could have been built anywhere in Kansas and it would not have become part of the tax base; not county, city, school, state, watershed district, extension, or any other taxing authority.  The 1998 state legislature and then Governor Graves created that situation, not anybody local."

Keep it up Rauss, you're looking dumber and dumber by the hour.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 10:46:00 PM
This wind farm could have been built anywhere in Kansas and it would not have become part of the tax base; not county, city, school, state, watershed district, extension, or any other taxing authority. 

No it couldn't.  First of all there are only certain areas that the govt will allow them to be built. Second of all, the testing they did prior to even selecting the site tells us that this site had the best results. So No they wouldn't have gone anywhere else.   This is where they wanted to go and they sunk a lot into the epa tests, as well as the site tests for viability.   They would have come up with 10 times what butler did if your negotiator would have been smart enough to negotiate it. 

I've seen business aquisitions and quite frankly they used fear of loss and elk countys greed against them to aquire the site as cheaply as possible. ROTFL  Basic aquisition 101.   One of the best ways to sell someone they do not want is to show them something flashy to get their attention, get their interest peaked by dangling a flashy price, then tell them if they don't jump on it that you'll sell it to their neighbor down the road.

Hooks suckers in every single time. 

flintauqua

Steve, you know even less on this one than Ross does.  You might want to stop talking on this subject before you continue to prove it.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 11:44:58 PM
Steve, you know even less on this one than Ross does.  You might want to stop talking on this subject before you continue to prove it.
Screw off flint You pompous blowhard son of a bitch

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 11:44:58 PM
Steve, you know even less on this one than Ross does.  You might want to stop talking on this subject before you continue to prove it.

And flintauqua you don't appear to know anymore then we do. And that is why the excuses and the snide remarks it is a simple way to avoid an honest conversation.

Enid negotiated $3 million for the same company for the same number of MW output.Now that's a fact. Google it.

The meaning of Payment In Lieu Of Taxes is a bit of a misnomer, as the entity paying the PILOT has no legal obligation to pay anything, as there is no tax owed.

Perhaps the meaning of Payment In Lieu Of Taxes means exactly what it says.
In Lieu of means instead; in place of; as a substitute for.
I.E. Payment instead of tax.

And you can take Mr. Liebau out of this discussion, he wasn't a commissioner when the PILOT was negotiated and signed.  The commissioners and county attorney that negotiated the PILOT would be McDonald, Jontra, Hendricks and Ware.
My error, oops did I say I was wrong? Yes, I did say that! Thanks for correcting me.

It sounded in the Independence Daily Reporter as if Mr. Liebau was taking all the credit for the PILOT, my bad.

You tell us the commissioners were not negotiating a PILOT when they tell us they were.
Who are we to believe?

Either it is a misnomer or it is not, it is not a bit of a misnnomer.
Misnomer is a term that suggest a wrong name or inappropriate designation.
Misnomer is a term that suggests an interpretation known to be untrue.
If this is true, Fact is, you are saying everyone in Elk County has been lied to.
What is with that?

And you just won't bend to a decent conversation will you?

And finally quoting your statement which includes the ability to click on the name of the quote to read the entire post.
And I award you a purple ribbon for the selective quoting trying to somehow twist my comment on the states tax excemption on wind projects:
Does this statement stand alone as a paragraph, yes it does. Is anything twisted, no.
It is identical to the statement in the original post, nothing twisted, nothing hidden.
But, thanks for the purple ribbon even though I did not earn it.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 09:23:16 PM
This statement reflects arrogant ignorance on your part in my opinion.
Or is it one of those different thingy's going on?
Why do you have a problem with people thinking for themselves?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk