West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on November 03, 2011, 06:39:17 PM
I think you are taking the "Encourage parents to attend" to mean "Everybody else stay away".  I take it as a special request for parents to be there, also, not exclusively.  No where does it say for parents only.  Stop being paranoid and look at it as something that is especially for parents but open to anyone who wishes to attend.

That's bull pucky.

Wilma

readyaimduck

Taking the flipside:  perhaps the parents are never involved in any of the saysos...so the district is asking for once in their life, their input.   

Parents have kids that attend school, and are not involved.  Then when a decision is made the parents are mad. 

Just a thought.  Parents aren't what they used to be when i was in school!  Most parents had a say in what went on.
Perhaps this is a way to urge the input back into the decisions????

ready

Mom70x7

The survey, which ended October 31st, had different sections for people to fill out. I think there were four - one for school board members, one for teachers and staff, one for parents, and one for community members.

My understanding is that the upcoming meeting is to discuss the survey with the parents. I see no harm in that.

There is a regularly scheduled board meeting later that evening. When I read about it, I assumed the time between the two meetings was for people to eat supper.

Ross

Quote from: Mom70x7 on November 03, 2011, 08:00:28 PM
The survey, which ended October 31st, had different sections for people to fill out. I think there were four - one for school board members, one for teachers and staff, one for parents, and one for community members.

My understanding is that the upcoming meeting is to discuss the survey with the parents. I see no harm in that.

There is a regularly scheduled board meeting later that evening. When I read about it, I assumed the time between the two meetings was for people to eat supper.

My understanding from someone who attended the School Board Meeting is for this meeting to gather further verbal input. I guess we will just have to attend to find out.

You may call it anything you want but anytime the elected officials gather it is called a School Board Meeting and they said at the last School Board meeting they will go into Executive Session to talk with the group. Please read previous post aboout school board meetings.

Wilma

Do you mean that if the school board members all belong to the same church and all attend on the same day that it is no longer church but a school board meeting?

readyaimduck

Now Wilma, THAT would be a meetiin' , by God!    :)

ready

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on November 04, 2011, 01:35:36 PM
Do you mean that if the school board members all belong to the same church and all attend on the same day that it is no longer church but a school board meeting?

Quote from: readyaimduck on November 04, 2011, 01:45:03 PM
Now Wilma, THAT would be a meetiin' , by God!    :)
ready

You got that right Ready.
And probably an act of God.

But actually IF it happened and they were there to discuss any actions pertaining to do with the school it definitely would be it's all the same, a school board meeting. I wouldn't care if they met in the outhouse behind the church still it's still the same, a school board meeting.  Aren't you glad you asked an extreme question?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 04, 2011, 01:35:36 PM

Wilma,

Go read the Attorney General links that have been provided regarding the KOMA.  It is not the location of the gathering, but the discussion that triggers KOMA provisions.  Educate yourself so you can help with the analysis please.  God knows the answers have been provided.... clear, unambiguous answers... unlike the Elk DisKonnected 'answers.'

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

The survey people are at the special school board meeting today at 5:30 pm at the high school.
I hope to see you there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk