West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

QuoteWest Elk USD 282 Board of Education allows sufficient time for public input at meetings.
I don't believe that question is strictly aimed at teachers, students, and administrators do you?

I agree with you there, however in my county, our commissioners have their agenda in which one has to wait a week before speaking.
Not sure about the school district.

I would think if I didn't have any kids in school, then who I spoke with (teachers, parents, other staff)  would be my sounding block on issues I find at risk.  If inconsistent, then make an appoinment with the board.
ready

farmgal67357

Quote from: readyaimduck on October 26, 2011, 06:00:35 AM
That is from the website ^
I see nothing inappropriate regarding this, Ross.  Why would I want input from someone not affiliated with the day to day operation (board, teachers, students, parents, staff)?
That would reflect bias and unfounded data to be included in the results and not be a proper survey.

ready

It's NOT a public survey. You know who has gotten bored. He feels the need to cook up another conspiracy thread.... :P
Lisa
Lisa

mtcookson

Quote from: farmgal67357 on October 26, 2011, 09:08:53 PM
It's NOT a public survey. You know who has gotten bored. He feels the need to cook up another conspiracy thread.... :P
Lisa

I disagree. There is nothing on the school site or survey site that says it is not open to the public. Furthermore, part of the group of surveys is for Parents/Patrons.

pa·tron/ˈpātrən/
Noun:
A person who gives financial or other support to a person, organization, cause, or activity.

We, as tax payers in WE's school district, fund the school and are therefore patrons of west elk. We should have every right to have a say in what the school does with the money since it comes from us. If the school or parents have a problem with that, don't use our money... fund it yourself.

kshillbillys

Quote from: farmgal67357 on October 26, 2011, 09:08:53 PM
Lisa

Another conspiracy thread? Where's the first one? Oh the EK thread? That's NOT a conspiracy thread. There is some really good information in that thread that proves misuse of taxpayer funds. THANKS ROSS for bringing it all to light!!

MT, you are correct. It does have a section for Patrons. Sounds VERY public to me!---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

farmgal67357

Quote from: mtcookson on October 26, 2011, 11:03:53 PM
I disagree. There is nothing on the school site or survey site that says it is not open to the public. Furthermore, part of the group of surveys is for Parents/Patrons.

pa·tron/ˈpātrən/
Noun:
A person who gives financial or other support to a person, organization, cause, or activity.

We, as tax payers in WE's school district, fund the school and are therefore patrons of west elk. We should have every right to have a say in what the school does with the money since it comes from us. If the school or parents have a problem with that, don't use our money... fund it yourself.

What I meant was that it wasn't broadcast all over the place that there was a survey. I apologize that I wasn't more specific, I've not been sleeping and my brain is having some serious synaptic issues!
Lisa
Lisa

Ross

Quote from: farmgal67357 on October 27, 2011, 08:40:45 AM
What I meant was that it wasn't broadcast all over the place that there was a survey. I apologize that I wasn't more specific, I've not been sleeping and my brain is having some serious synaptic issues!
Lisa

You are Konnected aren't you?
I believe the conspiracy you are talking about perhaps supported by you is to keep the general population of Elk County in the dark, right?

Hence as you say:

What I meant was that it wasn't broadcast all over the place that there was a survey.

But least ways the word is spreading now isn't it.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping. Older folks like me have that problem and therefore I take what I call an old timers nap 15 to 30 minutes to refresh. You might try that, I know it helps me.

Ross

Guess what?

Lots of Elk County concerned citizens and taxpayers and voters are watching local politicians and taxpayer paid employees and that is a good thing. And I hope they keep watching.

County Commissioners and School Board Members and Admistrator's fall in to those catagories.
And as long as they do what they are elected or hired to do they have nothing to be concerned about.
Meaning being watched should be no problem to them and perhaps they may recieve recogniton for a job well done.

Janet Harrington

This is totally off the subject, but I just noticed it. Ross, I love, love, love, your profile picture.

mtcookson

Lisa

By what Ross was saying, it sounds like that's exactly how they wanted it unfortunately. Just a way to potentially skew the survey in their favor.

Ross

Quote from: mtcookson on October 28, 2011, 12:03:27 AM
By what Ross was saying, it sounds like that's exactly how they wanted it unfortunately. Just a way to potentially skew the survey in their favor.

It makes me believe it is the Elk Konnected way, they want to engage only a few and only their way, don't ya think?
I have been told that the President of the School Board has made a remark at the Board meeting of having Elk Konnected sponsor a meeting that would have to do with some aspect of the School Board responsibility? I simply ask why does the Board want to shirk their responsibilities and turn them over to Elk konnected, if this is true?

Would it be because Elk Konnected works their magic with an out of County Professional Facilitator to get a few citizens to do as it wants? And because he can have people that simply ask questions evicted by calling for the Sheriff?

Would it be because Elk Konnected would not be required to provide documentation of anything they do?

Would it be because it woiuld not reach the majority of the School Districts taxpayer's?

Why? Would it be because our elected officials of the School Board have elected as President of the Board  an Elk Konnected  Steering Committee Member?Why?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk