Elected Officials Don't Listen to the Will of the People

Started by kshillbillys, October 20, 2011, 02:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

LETTER TO THE EDITOR:

Elected officials don't listen to will of the people

Walter E. Gunther, Las Vegas

Friday, Aug. 20, 2010 | 2:02 a.m.

Regarding Michael K. Casler's Saturday letter to the editor, headlined "A career in politics can be a pretty good gig":

Casler stated the influence and benefits enjoyed by members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.

Is there any wonder, then, why these elected officials fight term limits? Of course not.

A few elected officials may go to Washington with good intentions to serve the people and do what is right for America.

But the vast majority will serve their own self interest and their party. Money from special-interest groups, whether corporations or others, makes the wheels go around — and the only time the people are important to the officials is during election years.

Once they are elected, they do what they want, not what the people want. When the elected officials cram laws down the throats of people that go against the wishes of the people, it cries out loud that we are not a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

It's happening everywhere: local, state and national. The elected people don't care what the people that elected them think about anything they would like to see done. I do hope We the People remember this at election time. It's time to let the politicians, no matter who or where they are, know that they won't get your vote if they don't start listening to YOU. ---Jennifer L. Walker
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

I think That's what Occupy Wall Street is about and they chose Wall Street due to it's importance in our Economy.
Yet a lot of the people seem to be so frustrated about the system, that they don't know where to actually put there energy.
Money seems to control everything in our system, right down to paid volunteers.

In my opinion volunteers should not be paid for doing good deeds for their communitties, either that or don't call them volunteers. The connotation of volunteers to me is some one that does something out of the goodnes of their heart not for what fill their wallet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk