Really---What They Won't Tell You About Wind Farms ?

Started by Ross, October 17, 2011, 09:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Profit, not power, the major goal behind wind farms

3) they rely on the support they get from local people that they essentially buy off — with taxpayer money!
Some reports show that they particularly target areas that are economically depressed to make their
"financial incentives"  more likely to be accepted.

Excellent reading.

http://www.uticaod.com/opinion/x1149879744

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enel Green Power North America, Inc., subsidiary of Rome-based Enel Green PowerSpA (Milan: EGPW.MI), said Wednesday construction has begun at its $350 million 200 megawatt (MW) Caney River Wind Project in Elk County, Kansas. The company has a power purchase agreement with the Tennessee Valley Authority and expects to deliver 765 million kilowatt hours annually to approximately 70,000 households.

Not American but Italian with profits being exported out of the Country. In my opinion that is exporting dollars. Why can't our country keep the profits? Think about it Italy is not investing $350 million in order to take peanuts back to their country, are they? How many $Billions will be leaving our shores to benefit their country?

But if we are going to do it how come we didn't do it like Enid, Oklahoma. Drop down a couple of lines.

http://www.energyboom.com/finance/e%E2%80%A2boom-capital-enel-green-building-200-mw-wind-farm-kansas

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Enid, OK

October 13, 2011
Wind energy firm forging ahead
The annual increase to the local tax base is between $3 million and $4 million

http://enidnews.com/localnews/x1372394969/Wind-energy-firm-forging-ahead

http://enidnews.com/localnews/x480208142/A-plan-to-sell-the-wind-Company-to-invest-400M-in-area-wind-farms
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ddurbin

Ross,
I must be missing something regarding the point of your post.  The windfarm near Enid that you mention is being developed by TradeWind Energy, which is the same one involved in the Caney River farm there in Elk County.  Enel, the Italian company, is the major investor in TradeWind.  What are they doing differently down at Enid that makes that windfarm more palatable?

Ross

Quote from: ddurbin on October 17, 2011, 10:25:19 AM
Ross,
I must be missing something regarding the point of your post.  The windfarm near Enid that you mention is being developed by TradeWind Energy, which is the same one involved in the Caney River farm there in Elk County.  Enel, the Italian company, is the major investor in TradeWind.  What are they doing differently down at Enid that makes that windfarm more palatable?

I didn't say it made it more palatable, did I?
I believe if you check Tradewind is owned by Enel, the Italian company of which 1/3 is owned by Italy the Country.

Quote from: Ross on October 17, 2011, 09:58:05 AM
The annual increase to the local tax base is between $3 million and $4 million

Ross

My point is we are shipping probably billions of dollars out of the country, which I find unpatriotic, and Elk County is doing it for peanuts while Enid is doing it for an all day lollipop. I thiink it should be considered a very high national security risk.

But if we are going to sell out our country we should be paid a lot more, don't ya think?

Elk County may eventually get close to $1 million.

While Enid whatever their county is will get $2, 3 or maybe even 4 million.

Same size wind farm, big difference in buy out.

Diane Amberg

OK, dumb question time. If an Italian company here is sending its profits back there, doesn't an American company overseas send it's profits back here? (Yes I know that's off the subject.)
What kind of contract did Elk county write that was so different from the other?

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 17, 2011, 10:58:03 AM
OK, dumb question time. If an Italian company here is sending its profits back there, doesn't an American company overseas send it's profits back here? (Yes I know that's off the subject.)

Not necessarily.  How do you think GE paid no US income tax?  American companies strive to keep their overseas profits overseas to avoid US taxation.  US multinationals have several trillion dollars locked up offshore.  Remember, the US has something like the second highest corporate tax rates in the world (second only to Japan, I believe).  Moreover, by moving their labor forces overseas, they avoid strangling US regulation compliance costs, property tax and labor costs. 

Want a stimulus plan?  Put a moratorium on high corporate tax rates, and don't penalize companies for bringing home those overseas profits. Imagine what the repatriation of 2 or 3 trillion bucks to the America would do for the US economy.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

frawin

I don't see any National Security risk in this. I am more concerened with the 46 Billion trade deficts that we ring up every month, and worse, 31 Billion of that is Oil from our enemies, a day of reckoning is coming in the form of a big Oil shortage in this country. We have the reserves and we should be developing them. Instead we have all of the left wing liberals that want to penalize the oil companies, tax the oil companies so they have less to spend then the left OBAMAITES complain.

Ross

Quote from: frawin on October 17, 2011, 11:44:12 AM
I don't see any National Security risk in this. I am more concerened with the 46 Billion trade deficts that we ring up every month, and worse, 31 Billion of that is Oil from our enemies, a day of reckoning is coming in the form of a big Oil shortage in this country. We have the reserves and we should be developing them. Instead we have all of the left wing liberals that want to penalize the oil companies, tax the oil companies so they have less to spend then complain.

Okay. But this is about wind farms and the exportation of greenbacks. Sure it goes on in several industries, however has Elk County been directly involved in those sell outs?

Patriot

Quote from: ddurbin on October 17, 2011, 10:25:19 AM
I must be missing something regarding the point of your post.  The windfarm near Enid that you mention is being developed by TradeWind Energy, which is the same one involved in the Caney River farm there in Elk County.  Enel, the Italian company, is the major investor in TradeWind.  What are they doing differently down at Enid that makes that windfarm more palatable?

If I'm not mistaken, TradeWind is just the developer, not the owner/operator.  Enel North America, a wholly own subsidiary of Enel Global, is the operator.  Now, where, ultimately, will the bulk of the windfarm profits go?

So Enel makes a return on their investment in TradWind's development operations (heavily subsidized by the American taxpayer), then operates through a small US branch (also subsidized by the American taxpayer) and the Italian company's major profits end up where?  Profits being subsidized by US taxpayers and also provided courtesy of the electricity consumers who by power from the TSA (a US government operation, by the way) who sells the power it buys from Enel to consumers all over the SE United States.  I'm betting Italy, where 1/3 are profits to the Italian government.  Redistribution of American wealth... overseas... on a grand scale.  

To quote Obama, "Under my plan, energy costs will necessarily skyrocket."  Why, so we can ship American wealth overseas by paying for costly green energy all under the pie eyed dreams of people like Al Gore whose environmentalist religion is going to 'save the planet'?

See what happens when the lines between private business and government get too blurred.  Public/private partnerships? uh huh.

Patriot

Quote from: frawin on October 17, 2011, 11:44:12 AM
I don't see any National Security risk in this. I am more concerened with the 46 Billion trade deficts that we ring up every month, and worse, 31 Billion of that is Oil from our enemies, a day of reckoning is coming in the form of a big Oil shortage in this country. We have the reserves and we should be developing them. Instead we have all of the left wing liberals that want to penalize the oil companies, tax the oil companies so they have less to spend then the left OBAMAITES complain.

You are right in saying we're headed for an oil crisis, yet we are exporting energy money for alternatives as well.  Sounds like a screw job coming from 2 directions at once. 

Can we agree on five points?  1) You can't lubricate moving parts or run heavy equipment with wind/solar energy, we need oil.  2) The majority of our oil should be coming from our own resources.  3) We are being fleeced by offshore alternative energy industries.  4)  Both the current oil game and the alternative energy game are ultimately sapping our national wealth and, 5)  Taken together, these scams are liberal redistribution schemes that are collectively undermining our economy and therefor our self reliance (national security) thereby placing us at some considerable risks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk