FIRE RUN TO JEFFERSON & WALNUT

Started by Wilma, October 11, 2011, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Howard's fire truck was called to the corner of Jefferson and Walnut about 2:00 this afternoon.  More later with pictures.

Wilma

I was cleaning out my kitchen sink when I looked out to the West at what was apparently a whole lot of white smoke.  It concerned me until a city truck drove past it and didn't stop.  Then I watched it and out of the smoke there appeared this small tractor pulling a machine that was spewing out hot oil or something.  Then the white smoke turned black.  The hot oil or something that was hitting the street was on fire and soon the whole machine appeared to be on fire.  Of course I was watching all this from my bedroom window.  I wasn't too concerned  because there were two men out there and they surely knew what they were doing, didn't they?  But as I watched, I heard a siren and here came our spiffy fire truck.  The sheriff drove up from another direction.  Now there were enough men that they managed to squelch the fire, I think by turning off the fire or the oil stream as they never had to use any fighting equipment.

I took some pictures from my front porch and some more from my bedroom window.  I hope that I can get them posted here.

Isn't that just the spiffiest fire truck you have ever seen?

Mom70x7

Yes, the truck is spiffy!  ;D 

And so are your pictures!  ;D  ;D  :D   :D   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk