Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Because this county should do things that are original to them, not copy off of other towns, especially when what was being reenacted never happened here! Reenactments are fine, just make sure that what you're reenacting actually happened where you are reenacting it at!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Catwoman

Well, based on your views, no Renaissance Festivals should be held, then, either.  I don't think it matters where the location is...I think what matters is the attempt to bring ANYTHING of cultural value to the people of any given community.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 09, 2011, 10:46:14 AM
My goodness! One would think that just plain fun for the sake of nothing more than fun itself was suddenly illegal. Questioning the condition of your Sheriff I understand, but to now jump on the reenactment because it didn't really happen? Why so sour and sarcastic?

Diane, I don't believe it was an Elk County citizen questioning the condition of the sheriff. I believe the person said they were from Wichita and were visiting that day.

I think it is a good thing that Patriot brought that opinion to the forum. However; because it was someone from outside the county writing the opinion, everyone suddenly jumps up and shouts, Hey. Don't be saying that about our people. Someone from outside the county isn't allowed to make a comment of something that they observed? Wow. As for this person showing him or herself, the comment wasn't even posted on this forum. Dang people.

So, have you really taken a look at the condition of the sheriff's vest? Pay attention. Just saying.

readyaimduck

It's called reality forum Janry.
Sort of like housewives dwts hell's kitchen....alll of those we feel pasionate about but can't control.
if the guy just came in from a call...okay.  if he came in and didn't go to the precint...hmmmmm if he was off duty...Take a laundry day...you sir represent the county!
ready

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on October 09, 2011, 04:44:42 PM
So, have you really taken a look at the condition of the sheriff's vest?

Yes, among other things, and on multiple occasions.  And much of what I'm seeing here is the old line, "Don't malign my drug addled kid because he/she/it isn't as bad as those other folks drug addled kid."  Leave my kid out of it, my kid has a valid excuse for being out of line."  

Uh huh.  And lunar property is on sale this week.  So tell that 'Wichita outsider' to get his glasses fixed because he's wrong.  How dare he come here and report to the world what he saw.  Yep, that and a new school on Highway 99 will make people wanna move here in droves.

Thanks, Janet, for an honest, objective look.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on October 09, 2011, 07:41:28 AM
The real point of this isn't showers  etc.  It is once more we have someone using the Forum to single out another citizen and stir up potential problems for them and their livlihood.  You got a beef with the sheriff..walk down the street,  ring the bell and have a chat.  Man to man.

The same thing could be said for the sheriff.  Instead of running to a persons boss demanding that  person be fired for something that person said on a public forum maybe the sheriff should put his big boy pants on and realize that he is an elected offical and open to public ridicule.  If he can't take folks commenting on his sloppy uniform then perhaps he should seek employment elsewhere.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

You know, there seems to be an epidemic of thin skin disorder around these parts among people who voluntarily walk into the public spotlight.  Of course, I could be wrong.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Or perhaps he should clean up the uniform and look proud of it.

guess who

well......hmmmm....you know it is bad when the outsiders are complaining ...all i know is there arnt enough people that have the balls to confront him for he WILL go after you with a vengence..after all this is small town america where the law THINKS they run everything all i know is i WILL be voting for somone other than him ...oh by the way ....good job on keepiing a good public image sherrif...i am a mechanic it is my job to get dirty...but even i carry another change of clothes that way when i go on a test drive i dont get other peoples stuff dirty......hint hint...bring a change of clothes with you
YEAH I KNOW I AM AN a**hole
HELP DESTROY AMERICA SUPPORT OUR GOVERNMENT

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Varmit on October 11, 2011, 08:01:45 PM
The same thing could be said for the sheriff.  Instead of running to a persons boss demanding that  person be fired for something that person said on a public forum maybe the sheriff should put his big boy pants on and realize that he is an elected offical and open to public ridicule.  If he can't take folks commenting on his sloppy uniform then perhaps he should seek employment elsewhere.

I am kind of reading between the lines here, but if you are saying what I think you are saying, then I am so sorry that the sheriff thinks he has the right to do something like that. Obviously he doesn't know what the US Constitution is all about. Well, I didn't vote for him. Just saying.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk