Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on November 03, 2011, 01:19:11 PM
It is quite clear the Varmit is not quite clear on what is decent and right.

How is limiting a persons right to free speech or the press decent and right?  You accuse me of not honoring the oath I took when I enlisted, when you have no idea what that oath is.  Tell me how that is decent and right?

QuoteAlso, he is very angry.  About what, I do not know.

Then allow me to educate you.  I am angry at people like you, espcially those of your generation that allowed our country to become the mess that it is today.  You all stand and say "WWII was the most patriotic time ever!"  What a load of Bullsh$#.  You were such a patriot that you allowed all people of all colors and creeds to enjoy the freedoms and rights in the Constitution...oh wait, no you didn't.  But ya'll did honor the spirit and letter of the Constitution by not allowing our government to overstep their bounds...oh wait NO YOU DIDN'T.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 08, 2011, 06:13:35 PM

Then allow me to educate you.  I am angry at people like you, espcially those of your generation that allowed our country to become the mess that it is today.  You all stand and say "WWII was the most patriotic time ever!"  What a load of Bullsh$#.  You were such a patriot that you allowed all people of all colors and creeds to enjoy the freedoms and rights in the Constitution...oh wait, no you didn't.  But ya'll did honor the spirit and letter of the Constitution by not allowing our government to overstep their bounds...oh wait NO YOU DIDN'T.

He's got a point there Wilma.  A very VALID Point.  Even my Grandfather who was from that period said that his generation fubar'd this country's future by putting that communist rooseveldt in office. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on November 03, 2011, 01:19:11 PM
Of course, he has the right to fly the flag however he wants and if I am offended by it, that is my problem.  But you have to remember that when I first learned the Flag Salute, it was given with the right hand at the brow and the words, "Under God" was not a part of it.  I learned it during World II when patriotism was at it's highest, when most of our young men were fighting hand to hand to keep our country from the tyranny that had fallen upon other countries.  My values as to my country are so ingrained that they will never change, nor will I ever do anything that even appears to be disrespectful.

You have to remember that when I learned the "Flag Salute" aka the Pledge of Allegiance,  I was also learning to question everything, espcially those in authority.  Not just accept things because those in positions of authority said to. 
Your values are so skewered you couldn't straighten them with a crowbar and a level.  Disrespectful??  How about putting limits on the very rights and freedoms all those young men died for.

QuoteAs to changing things, is there another way according to our almighty constitution and Bill of Rights?  What would you suggest?  And be careful with your answer. It is easy to cross over to talking about overthrowing the government, which is a crime.  I can't think of the word for it right now, but some of the posts made on this forum have come awfully close to it.  So what?  You do have freedom of speech, don't you?  That is until you start talking about overthrowing the government, taking over the White House, doing away with government officials.  There are laws as to how this can be done and they can be exercised every time an election comes up. 

If overthrowing the gov't becomes nessecary to protect our rights, thats what we have the 2nd admendment for.  Voting has been shown to change absolutely nothing.

QuoteVarmit, how do you know that I am sitting here doing nothing, accepting everything that is?  Just because I don't spout it all over the forum doesn't mean that I am not doing anything about it.  There are other ways.

Because you said so yourself on many occasions.  That you are to disabled to do anything that requires you leaving your house.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

I am physically disabled, not mentally.  Not everything can be settled by physical force.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk