The Fallacy of the 'Public Sector'...

Started by redcliffsw, October 06, 2011, 07:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

The economy vs the State....

Government, in short, acquiring its revenue by coerced confiscation rather than by voluntary investment and consumption, is not and cannot be run like a business.

Why must political experiments always be in the direction of more government?  Why not give the free market a county or even a state or two, and see what it can accomplish?
-Murray Rothbard

http://lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard273.html

Warph

Shades of secession.... hmmmm, I wonder where I head that before?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

I'm sorry, I have such a hard time taking even good articles seriously when they are sharing space with "41 things you should hoard!"
  I do have one question though. Whatever happened to selling war bonds?  Why weren't they for sale and advertized in 2001 shortly after 9-11? Perhaps people would have gotten behind the insanely expensive wars going on now and would have been made to feel more a part of it all.
Voluntary investment? Have you looked at what T-bills are paying right now? What a joke! Why bother?

Warph

Economists and other clowns who have studied the war bonds programs say, "America's economy has matured in ways that would make such an effort possibly harmful to today's economy."  They feel, "War bonds in effect limit our spending and It could be that that ends up shooting our economy in the foot because our economy was more built on spending today.  War bonds would take money out of the system that might otherwise be spent at the shopping mall."

Well, hell... I guess they haven't heard that Obuma shot our economy in the foot a long time ago.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

mtcookson

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 08, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
I'm sorry, I have such a hard time taking even good articles seriously when they are sharing space with "41 things you should hoard!"

Umm... when the economy collapses where do you think you'll get your food? Grocery stores would likely be completely empty within 3 days. After that, its completely up to you to find food if you don't have any saved up. Yeah, good luck with that.

farmgal67357

I keep seeing these "buy gold to secure your future when the economy collapses" commercials. That may work for a while, but if there is a food shortage, I'd rather have something to eat.
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

MT, you haven't seen my basement! I freeze and can a lot and have bulk supplies of basics. My one great grand mother was Mormon and I grew up in a very frugal family, so it just comes naturally.  I don't need the scare tactics.... to make money for someone else.

mtcookson

Well then you're doing the very thing that site recommends, or at least similar to it by stocking up on food. You bash on it simply because they use "scare tactics"?

Sometimes "scare tactics" works but regardless, no matter how you say it there will still be a ton of people that simply will not prepare because they think "oh, that will never happen here" and will likely starve and die. Whether they say "hey, be prepared it might happen" or use scare tactics at least there are people out there trying to get people prepared. That is much better than saying nothing at all.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Every year when hurricane season starts, articles show up about what to have ready if one has to bug out, plus what to have extra for those who choose to ride it out.  Also for folks whose house is destroyed for whatever reason, or floats away, all that stuff is lost. Some times you just gotta plan as well as ya can and deal with what comes along as it comes. I'm not impressed with the "what "They" don't want you to know" kind of writing.'' But that's just me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk