Misuse of Public Funds?

Started by Janet Harrington, September 12, 2011, 03:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

crap I forgot the portion of fruit.....and bread.

ok a crow apple fruit pie.

That should meet the standards!

readyaimduck

Quotedo believe that there is a KSBA law that says “NO MEMBER SHALL RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR ANY WORK OR DUTIES PREFORMED FOR THE DISTRICT”

So if Elk Valley is paying mileage to part of the school board members to attend meetings wouldn’t that be in violation of the law? If the district were paying for some of the board members home internet bill would that not be considered "compensation” also?  Why would they need the internet?  In case the school sends them a PM to keep them abreast of school business? After spending $12,000/annually on cell phones couldn't they just call them?

George....interesting questions
Home internet bill would be a perk, and should be deducted from their salary I would gues...I said guess
however not pertinent to their job.

If they need to call them for school business in disaster or outings....a cell phone is necessary...as well as a land line -  not a PM message, as the electricity would be out then.

I think the computer age has warphed, ...ahem  into the schools as the usual basics of "instant' notification.

Would love to see the bills on cell phone usage of Elk School districts...Payment plans for ONE teacher not the family pack plan.

ready to ....text   lol

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on September 29, 2011, 07:42:14 PM
George....interesting questions
Home internet bill would be a perk, and should be deducted from their salary...

Correction... reported as income to the IRS via Form 1099 Misc in the amount of the actual cost.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Quote from Readyaimduck:
Home internet bill would be a perk, and should be deducted from their salary I would gues...I said guess

Did I miss something here ? I thought George said it was some board members that were getting their internet paid for and now you tell me it should be deducted from their salary -----the board members draw a salary ?

readyaimduck

You're right Jar.

George was right in sayin that THEIR internet bill was paid for.   If that is the case, then that is a compensation which is illegal.

and School Board members do not get paid...I was wrong.

Why do you try to confuse me with facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ;D

hell I was on a roll....now I will have to actuallly read all your drool!!!! :P
ready to eat my crow pie :(

readyaimduck

QuoteGeorge was right in sayin that THEIR internet bill was paid for.

And that goes without saying if George is right.

jarhead

Quote from Janet:
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be more than glad to check on that. I can do that tomorrow if I get a chance to make a phone call while I am at work. If not, I will work on that next week unless someone else can do it.

Janet,
Did you ever find out if all this is something that other schools do?

Janet Harrington

Not yet, jarhead. I haven't had a minutes time to myself at work for some stupid reason. But, I will do so as soon as I can. I will also be in Howard on Friday, so I may just stop in and ask. Either way, I will get an answer. I just don't know how soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk