American Legion Membership

Started by frawin, October 02, 2011, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Jarhead, I don't think that's very nice of you to call my man that name.  I guess I was mistaken, as I thought you were really a nice man!

Myrna

jarhead

Myrna,
That's why I put that great big toothy smiley face meaning it was a joke. Why do I suspect that Frank wrote this instead of Myrna----and it wouldn't be the first time he pulled that stunt on me just to watch me squirm in my seat. ;D

frawin

That's what you do when you make a joke -- poke poke and put a    ;D ;D

Myrna

frawin

Quote from: frawin on October 03, 2011, 01:26:31 PM
Jarhead, I don't think that's very nice of you to call my man that name.  I guess I was mistaken, as I thought you were really a nice man!

Myrna
Don't blame me folks, I never told her he was a nice man.

Teresa

Quote from: frawin on October 03, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Don't blame me folks, I never told her he was a nice man.

It was me. Being the wonderful perfect person I am... I tried to tell her what a great honest injun type of guy you are...... but ole' Frank just jumped up out of his seat and blabbed all he knew about you Jughe...err Jarhead. ((I personally think that it was to keep himself out of hot water... but I couldn't swear by it.))
I guess Myrna welds a bigger rolling pin than any of us imagined. I didn't know Frank could talk that fast and duck and run at the same time..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Sarge

the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Jo McDonald

Doggone it, Jarhead -- that's what happens when you get to talking with a lot of nice folks, smilin' and visitin'  -- you let your guard down, and before you know it, you've spilled the beans and there is no gettin' it back.
  Well-- the cat jumped out of the bag and those McDonald kids grabbed right on to it. 

Tough luck -- maybe they'll forget all about it in a day or two.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

there are other ways to be a member of both the VFW and American Legion, as I have been or am a member.  I am a member because my father was in WWII.  As were several of his brothers, my mothers brother, and on back for generations and generations.  I had to have dad's dates of service, the name of his ship and his rank on discharge, I believe. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Quote from: flo on October 03, 2011, 05:56:21 PM
there are other ways to be a member of both the VFW and American Legion, as I have been or am a member.  I am a member because my father was in WWII.  As were several of his brothers, my mothers brother, and on back for generations and generations.  I had to have dad's dates of service, the name of his ship and his rank on discharge, I believe. 
Flo that is great, but it seems even more unfair that many of the service men that served outside of wartime can't join.

larryJ

I was curious so I surfed................

This is a quote from an American Legion Post................

Q: Why is membership in The American Legion limited to certain periods of time? I served in military, but not during The American Legion eligibility periods.
A: The American Legion was founded in 1919 as a war-time veterans organization. It was chartered by Congress on this basis. Our membership eligibility dates parallel dates set by Congress of war-time service.

So there you have it..........the rules were set by Congress who usually can't get anything right anyhow.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk