Celebrities net worth

Started by Warph, September 30, 2011, 01:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Did you see that Laker player Kobe Bryant has signed to play for an Italian team during the NBA lockout?  He will get 3,000,000 for ten games over 40 days with the option of returning to the Lakers in the event of a settlement.  That's $300,000 a game!  Not to mention his ongoing endorsements.  If I were still working, it would take me 50 years at an average salary of $60,000 a year to earn that much!

In looking again at the news features, one site says he will get $600,000 a game, but  I don't know if that is accurate.  The site I read initially said 3 million over 40 days which would be about 10 games.  Either way, that's a lot of Euros!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Mom70x7

A little more about Kobe - he lived in Italy as a child; his dad played basketball there. Kobe speaks fluent Italian.

File that under the category of "things I didn't know until today."  :laugh:

Also thought the contract wasn't finalized - full season pay vs. game by game, figuring he'd leave when the NBA contracts were signed.

Jules

I am still not able to understand, why Tiger Woods was the best payed sportsman of the world. Golf doesn't have super audience ratings on TV, does it? There aren't half a million people attending the live events. So why does Tiger Wood makes as much as a hundred million dollars each year? Does anybody have an explanation for this?

Diane Amberg

Warph

Right on, Diane.... he lost a few when he hit that tree and his ex-wife tried to save him by taking a 9-iron and breaking his head... sorry.... I mean breaking a window of his cadillac suv he recieved FREE with GM's blessing.  But it looks like he's back on a roll with endorsements.... just signed a big one with Rolex.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk