MC CLURE, Arthur Ray "Bud" - b. July 12, 1923 - d. September 20, 2011

Started by patyrn, September 21, 2011, 04:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Arthur Ray "Bud" McClure, age 88, of Caney, Kansas, died Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at Jane Phillips Medical Center in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.  Bud was born on July 12, 1923 in Sedan, Kansas.  He was the son of Charley Floyd and Bernice Ethel "Billie" (Yearout) McClure.

Bud was a Howard High School graduate of the Class of 1941 in Howard, Kansas.  In 1943, Bud joined the U.S. Coast Guard where he worked as a Fireman First Class in the Pacific Theater until 1946.  After he returned home, he went to work for Boeing Aircraft and also bought a salvage business.  Bud was a member of the Howard Christian Church and then later, a member of the First Christan Church of Caney, Kansas.  He was also a member of the National American Legion.

On February 14, 1948, Bud married Doris L. Gregor in El Dorado, Kansas.  In 1953, Bud and Doris opened up a farm equipment dealership, McClure Equipment Company in Howard, Kansas.  In 1966, Bud and Doris decided to relocate their home and business to Caney, Kansas.  Once settled, they operated their business for 41 years until they retired in 2007.  Bud and Doris were married for 63 years.  She survives at the home.

Other survivors include three sons, Michael R. and wife, Jeanne of Cincinnati, Ohio, Charles E. and wife, Donna of Caney, Kansas, and Guy N. and friend, Wanda Miller of Caney, Kansas; 6 grandchildren; 7 great-grandchildren; and numerous family and friends.
Bud was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Floyd Ellis; and sisters, Terri Rutan and Betty MacKinley.

Funeral services will be held Friday, September 23, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. at the First Christian Church in Caney, Kansas with Brad Sanders officiating.  Public visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the church.  The family has requested a private burial service, which will be held at a later time.  Memorials have been suggested to the First Christian Church in Caney and may be left at the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Services have been entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas  67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

I have lots of fond memories of Bud. When I was probably 6 to 10 years old I would pull a little wagon down to Buds Salvage and sell him Junk Iron I had picked up. Sometimes I would have as much as 50cents worth. Bud and I talked about this at the Alumni Banquet last year and he said he remembered that. When Myrna and I were first married Bud's parents lived right behind us and Charley was a really great neighbor and friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk