PRAYERS NEEDED, PLEASE

Started by flo, September 13, 2011, 12:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Love and prayers going out to you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

thanks to my wonderful friends for the encouraging words and prayers.  Now that we know what area it covers, why it formed in the first place and how it will be treated, now that I've had time to absorb all the information, I am very encouraged and know that God will heal my child.  :o)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Ole Granny

Prayers continue for you and your family.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

flo

My oldest daughter and long time forum member, PAM, was taken to ER in Neosho then transferred by ambulance to Freeman Hospital in Joplin.  This was wee hours of this morning.  I have talked to her a couple of times.  All three of her children are with her, as is her daughters-in-law.  The diagnosis is Congestive Heart Failure.  This is treatable, I understand, but very scary.   PLEASE LIFT UP PRAYERS FOR HER, AND CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR HER SISTER LYNN.  Mom is doing okay, but very anxious.  God will not give us more than we can handle, I know, but sometimes it seems that he really piles it on to test our faith.  We will keep the faith that God will heal my children.

sixdogsmom

OMG Flo, this is not what anyone wants to hear! Prayers are going up from here. Call if you need to talk. 647-3616.  :'( :'(
Edie

flo

UPDATE: Pam just called. They done an echo-gram and the cardiologist said her heart function is about normal, however the right side is enlarged. Tomorrow they will do a chemical stress test, whatever that is.  They are still draining fluid from her body.  As she put it, she pees in a measuring bowl.   She is still saying it is not necessary for me to drive down. I told her if I came down, Marvin would be driving, but she asked me to just wait. Her children are all there with her and Joe is on his way home. He is working in Minnesota, I think, or up there somewhere. About an 8 hr. drive. Will update as I hear anything.

larryJ

Let Pam know that my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery are there for her.  Continued prayers for Lynn.......

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flo

Pam just will not change.  You know why she wants me to stay home?  She isn't worried about herself, but since there is so much going on in this family right now,  she is worried about me.  I told her I am fine, but I will do what will make her the calmest.  That's my daughter.  Never concern about herself, always the other person.  She is such a sweetheart and the rock of gibraltor.  If she gives in and goes to the ER, I know it is serious or she wouldn't be there and especially going on the Joplin via ambulance instead of having Ashley drive her (or driving herself).

Diane Amberg

Flo, a chemical stress test is a substitute for walking on a tread mill to speed up the heart to see how it responds and to physical stress on the heart. Usually, but not always, a form of thallium (persantine) is given by IV to speed up the heart as they watch the EKG.They can inject an antidote immediately if they don't like what they see. She may get a warm rush when they give it and might get a little headache after, which caffeine usually takes care of.They should explain in detail exactly what they are doing every step of the way.  They are doing "in and out'' fluid measurement to be sure she isn't retaining too much fluid.  CHF is very treatable and I could explain it, but not unless you want to know. It's a pretty common  heart compliant on the ambulance. I've taken care of MANY over the years. questions? I'm sending you all big hugs. Prayers continue.

Ms Bear

Flo, I am sending up prayers from Texas for you and both of your daughters.  I have enjoyed Pam's posts on the Forum.  I am glad she is in good hands, and you are taking care of you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk