Misuse of Public Funds?

Started by Janet Harrington, September 12, 2011, 03:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

And if my facts are wrong...I will those purchase, fix and eat those damn meals all week!

I worked at a Hospital that detailed out meals to the jails...in otherwords piggy backed on the budget of the hospital, and that cost was much lower then the nursing home.   
Has your county opted for the nursing home to fix those meals?  (have to have the ability to transport to the jail, or another alternative.) 

Hell, I would fix chicken salad sandwiches/apple/carrots/milk  as the cold meal on the premises and still pass Health inspections!
Unfortunetly the prices for most foods are jacked as we are 'outside of walmart'.
Jeesh...
ready

Wilma

I used the $2.00 per meal as an example.  I don't know if that is what the sheriff is paid per meal or not.  Surely it is more than that now.

The way the county makes money from this is that with out-of-county prisoners, the other county is charged per meal for their prisoners.  The charge is higher than what the sheriff is paid for providing the meal.  The other county pays the county for the meals and whatever is over what the sheriff gets, the county keeps.  Elk County also charges for providing secure shelter for out-of-county prisoners.  So what Elk County receives is for board and room, not just for meals.  The money comes from the room and the supervision of the prisoners.

While Janet was sheriff, she made special deals with the food providers in Howard for prepared meals.  Her cost of the meals was the same as she was paid for them.  She usually picked up the meals, using her official vehicle, of course.

Diane Amberg

City of Newark has a bid contract with Mc Donalds.That's what the prisoners get. Officer goes through the drive through and picks up the meals.  Fodder for lots of jokes!

W. Gray

If I had, say, a three month sentence imposed by the City of Newark, I wonder what a steady three meal a day diet from McDonalds would do for me?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Nothing good I'm sure! They do try to add salads and chicken and things but there sure aren't a lot of veggies.

mtcookson

With proper portions it actually won't be bad. The fries and soda are the worst part for you. The worst part of the meat is the trans fat. The saturated fat isn't bad, your body actually needs it.

Wilma

Waldo, what would a 3 month diet of McD's do for you?  About 30 pounds, I imagine.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on September 25, 2011, 08:42:24 PM
perhaps not you and I Janet, however those who are incarerated CAN  sustain on 2 hot meals, and one cold on $2/day.
I will get a llist of meals and break it down for my county at cost...
ready
you have to remember that unless the prisoner is working, they dont need more than 800 calories a day.  IF they are sitting and laying around thats all that is needed to keep them healthy.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on September 26, 2011, 10:09:52 AM
If I had, say, a three month sentence imposed by the City of Newark, I wonder what a steady three meal a day diet from McDonalds would do for me?
Being that mcdonalds has some of the highest calorie and fat food on the market, you would nto be in good health. thats for sure!

Good lord, i can make enough biscuits gravy and eggs, chop up the sausage for the gravy and stretch it a whole lot farther than serving a piece of meat, to feed a jail cheap.  Less than 10 dollars for it and it would feed quite a few inmates.  I can make a hell of a lot of biscuits with 25lb of flour!  and it only costs 7 dollars.
3 pounds of sausage for another 7 dollars and 3 dozen eggs for another 3 dollars, add with that grits and you can serve up breakfast for a week or more on less than 20 dollars.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Quote from Waldo:
If I had, say, a three month sentence imposed by the City of Newark.

Aint no way a judge with any ethics at all would  give you just three months for the evils you have done Waldo---20 to life ----or--Walking the mile---walking the Green Mile !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk