JONES, Rowland Dan - b. July 30, 1921 - d. September 9, 2011

Started by Judy Harder, September 09, 2011, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Just heard that Roland Jones passed away this morning, at a hospital in Wichita.
Please keep their family in prayer.........I am sure he is in God's arms now.

Also Treva Kramer isn't doing a bit good. They have taken life support off of her. More later.
Sad news, I am sorry to say. Both these people have been movers and shakers here in the area.
God be with their families.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

Rowland was a devoted friend.  He lived a good life, and he will really be missed, by his family, and all who knew him.
Bonnie

Janet Harrington

Grandpa Jones was a great man. Always had a smile on his face. I never saw him get angry even when there were fires coming across his place. My prayers to Gladys, his son Glenn and Karla, and all his family he has left behind.

frawin

Our sympathy and prayers are sent to Roland's family.  He was a great person.  We always looked forward to seeing them in Elk Falls at the reunion on Memorial Day weekend.  When I worked in the bank (in Howard), he always came in with a smile.

Myrna

Jo McDonald

I never saw Roland without a smile.  If the world was made up with a Roland Jones attitude, there would be no wars.  I've know Roland and Gladys for 60+ years.  He will be sorely missed in our Eastern Star Chapter..that is for sure.  I will miss his hugs.

His Grandson Scott's wedding is going to have a vacant place in it.  

Blessings and sincere sympathy to all of the family.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

Rowland Dan Jones, 90, of Elk Falls, Kansas, died September 9, 2011 at St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  Mr. Jones was born July 30, 1921 in rural Elk Falls, Kansas to Florence Lucy (Bennitt) Jones and Daniel Garfield Jones.

He was a member of the Elk Falls United Methodist Church, Hope Lodge 155, Order of Eastern Star Ladonia Chapter, President of Kansas Wolf Hunter's Association, and was an Elk County 4-H Leader.  He served as Past Master in the Masonic Lodge and Worthy Patron in Eastern Star.  He married Gladys I. Black on January 23, 1964, and they made their home in the rural Elk Falls area where he was a rancher.

Mr. Jones is survived by his wife of the home; three daughters, Dianna Morrison of Franklin, Kansas, Jane Wassom of Longton, Kansas, and Rowlinda Justus of Emporia, Kansas; a son, Glen Blackburn of Longton, Kansas; a sister, Maurine Weaver of Independence, Kansas; 17 grandchildren; and many great and great-great-grandchildren.  He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Iown Adamson; a niece, Sharon Weaver; and a granddaughter, Cynthia Morrison.

Services will be held 10:00 a.m.Friday, September 16, 2011 at the United Methodist Church in Elk Falls, Kansas with Pastor Dena Allison officiating.  Interment with Masonic Rites will follow at the Elk Falls Cemetery.  Visitation will be held from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, September 15, 2011 at the Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.  Memorials are suggested to go to either the Masonic Hope Lodge 155 or Elk Falls United Methodist Church.  Memorials can be left with the Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk