Address to congress

Started by Janet Harrington, September 08, 2011, 05:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Is anyone watching the President tonight? Here is my question...Have you ever seen so many pretty ties in one room at the same time? Oh my gosh. Pretty ties. Polka dots. Stripes. Pastels. Solids. Godish browns. All bright and flashy. All wide ties.

I can't hear what the president is saying for the beautiful ties and the red suits the ladies are wearing.

frawin

CAMPAIGN 2012 is officially underway. Obama couldn't keep from trying to blame Congress or more specifically the Republicans. With leaders in Washington like Obama, Reid and Pelosi I am not sure we can save this country.

larryJ

I had just typed a whole big thing about this speech and some other things and it went into "blue heaven" which is just as well.  It wasn't really very nice.  And I am not that kind of guy.

It might show up anyhow.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

kshillbillys

Amen Frank....I couldn't believe how many times he said they needed to "pass this"...he was making me sick! And all the jumping up and down and clapping...same story, different day. I like Boehner in that Speaker's chair instead of Nancy "Jack-In-The-Box" Pelosi though even though they had to keep showing her. Construction jobs...amazing. Isn't that what a lot of that $787 billion mess was before? Creating some construction jobs? How long are they good for? 12-16 months? Yay economy! Let's spend $400 billion MORE dollars so a few people can work for a few months and others can get yet another year of unemployment benefits. But maybe some people will have a job when election time rolls around next year and they'll think, "Yay, Obama got me a job so he's got MY vote!" Then they can head to the unemployment line again soon after....

I think the most interesting part of the whole address was the very end when they broke away from his shmoozing it up with the ladies and talked about the new terror threat!

Mrs. Hillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

frawin

Jennifer, the way "O" put it everything was the Republicans fault.

kshillbillys

Which is why his campaign slogan this year should be "Blame You Can Believe In." (Thanks to Laura Ingraham for that lovely slogan)

It's nothing knew. He's blamed the Republicans for EVERYTHING since he took office. He had a Democrat Congress for how long? But it's still the Repubs fault. I just cannot reiterate enough that this man makes me SICK! He has spent this country into even more debt but it's always someone else's fault. Why can't he admit that a lot, if not all, of his "stimulus" plans and spending sprees and vacations have been complete and total FAILURES that have done nothing but put this country on the fast track of the Highway to Hell?

Mrs. KSH
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Warph

Frank.... a few things I picked from Obuma's speech were:

"Um...the road's gonna get Bumpier!... Strategy  and um... Strategic Wall Street Job creation... Retirement Economy... Economic failure... I'm not gonna lie to you... um... again... most jobs since 9/11!... Comprehensive immigration reform... previous administration's failures... yes we can... Spread the wealth.... east-advantaged Americans...  Health Care Loophole... Bush-era taxcuts... Congress's inability to... um... Michelle's vacation and health food.... um... hope and exchange... willing to work...
Make no mistake... Afghanistan... my Muslim brothers... um... Fort Hood...  (free square) Accountable Taxes... corporate greed.... back from the brink... um... Taxpayers... um... Tax Plan... relief for working families... roads and bridges... Bipartisan Senator.... Senate Reform...  Middle Class... Main Street... we get it... Gun nuts in Western Pennsylvania... Special Olympics... labor strikes... um... bowling... Free market... Inherited problems.... Social Security's fault... it's gonna take time... Signs of recovery... Relief for working families... Strategic fit...yes, um... Strategic unfit... um... fit of fitttisss...

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

Which Republican would-be do you like?

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on September 08, 2011, 08:40:57 PM
Which Republican would-be do you like?

If you're asking me, Wilma... I like Rep. Thaddeus McCotter R-MI who should have been in the line-up last night.  second choice?  Toss up between Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich.... Newt is probably the smartist of the bunch and experience-heavy but too much baggage and a goofy spendthrift wife.  Is that a blonde helmet she's wearing or her hair?  I'm sorta soured a little on Perry because of his feelings on S.S., the border fence, Mexico and Medicaid... to name a few.  Still would take him over Romney tho'.

How about you???
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

And pray tell, what does her hair have to do with anything? Her spending habits aren't anybody's problems but theirs. Show me the issues!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk